Chapter 8: Winter Wonderland Ball

As Albus and Felicia entered the hall there were many people already. Young first years were chatting and eating, and some people were already dancing.

Albus kept looking over to Quinn and Fred, who seemed to be talking about Quidditch. James was snogging Annabeth Grace - his Ravenclaw girlfriend since Albus' first year - in a corner.

Behind Albus Rose came in with Chris McLaggen, and Felicia and Rose started to chat, which gave Albus time to admire the looks of the Great Hall. It was quite much like the pictures at home from the 'Yule Ball' but it was even wintery. Ice sculptures and fake snow was all around the place. Mistletoes hovered in the air, and people were caught by it occasionally.

"Rose, would you like to dance?" Asked Chris, and Rose followed him.

Albus felt Felicia hoping he'd ask her, so he did, and they followed Rose and Chris.

He wasn't going to deny it, she was a good dancer.

"It's fun, isn't it?" She said, and Albus nodded. He looked to the side, and saw Quinn and Fred dancing too.

A bit later Albus went to get Felicia and himself drinks, and joined Tyler for a little talk.

"How're things with Nicole?" Asked Albus, and Tyler shrugged.

"It's the same as it was with Cordelia. She tells me that it feels like fireworks and explosions when kissing me but I don't feel it." He said grimly.

"Maybe it's something only girls feel?" Said Albus, but Tyler shook his head.

"No. I heard Luke talking to Anna Wolpert, you know, that girl that always wore ribbons in her hair. He said that her kisses always caused these explosions and I knew he was serious."

"You don't know that." Said Albus.

"Felicia is eyeing you, you should bring her the drinks." Said Tyler, and Albus obeyed.

"Got the drinks!" Said Albus when he returned, and Felicia smiled.

"You're a great dancer, you know." She said, and Albus blushed. He actually blushed for someone else than Quinn. Maybe Felicia wasn't just a filler.

"Well you were much better." He said, and she smiled.

"Let's go and stand further away from the sculptures, I'm cold." She said, and they walked a bit further to the side.

"Shall we dance again? You'll feel warmer." He said, and they placed down their drinks to go dance.

Most people were now enjoying Honeydukes' new Winterpecks, which were white sweets that were cold with a strong taste of mint, with the substancy of snow. But as not many people were dancing, Felicia and Albus - together sith Quinn and Fred and two first years - were the only ones, causing them to have much space. At some point people started crowding around them to watch.

The music slowed down, and couples searched for each other, joining Albus and the others. As Albus and Felicia were already dancing, Albus placed his hands on Felicia's sides into a slow dance. Slowly, Albus forgot about the fact that he'd asked Felicia because Quinn already went with Fred, and he looked in her blue eyes, travelling his gaze from her eyes to her lips, when she too moved closer.

Albus didn't think long about it, he placed his lips on Felicia's pink ones. At once, fireworks blew through, and Albus felt what Tyler and Luke meant. The sound around them completely dissolved as he took in her soft lips.

After Merlin knows how long they broke off, taking in the new oxygen. Around them, people were looking, and Albus saw Quinn looking at him too, and a pang of guilt hit him. But that guilt didn't last for long, as Fred cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. That was when the jealousy came.