𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽 - 𝙽𝚘 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚎

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈--•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈--•༶

The halfling only let out a frustrated grumble, shaking her head to herself as she walked the silent halls of the infinity fortress.

She knew what Muzan was doing. She recognised this hall from the past three times she had walked through it, and she knew the eerie silence far too well as she walked. Even (b/n) was silent, sitting on her shoulder and twitching its wings every few moments.

She was placed under a loop.

No demons in sight, not a sound apart from her close to silent footsteps, not a single movement to flinch towards apart from actions made by herself and the robin sat on her shoulder.

She had hardly been able to know how long she had been through these winding halls, sighing to herself time after time, running a hand through her hair again and again, listening to the same ring of silence on and on.

The walls winded like fabric, stringing together and formulating away from her gaze to create an infinite loop through, not only her mind, but also the world around her. And she had no doubt that this was intentional.

The demon still wanted her alive to find Nezuko, after all. Either that, or to waste her time searching for a blue spider lily, she was sure didn't even exist. It was only natural that a coward like him would keep her away from everyone she could find, isolate her, and then wait for the others to die before he found her again and tried to make her turn against her allies.

Though, the one thing she was glad for was the fact it worked.

The plan Akaza created to keep her alive- to keep her as safe as he could manage.

If it wasn't for the blood he gathered from not only himself, but upper moon 1 and 2, she could heal in time to heal after the explosion, almost at the same rate as Muzan himself, and then rush towards the bushes to find the hand guards and then disappear into the smoke until she could regain her own mentality and finally strike at Muzan with whatever she could offer in her time of grief.

It was exhausting, and it took her a moment to regain herself after she collapsed in her own tears, but she was able to stand up once more, ready to fight with something more than just a deep flame for revenge-

Redemption.

To her, she was weak. In that moment, when the only people she'd ever considered family died in front of her eyes as she remained in chains, stuck to her knees in exhaustion, she felt so weak.

Muzan saw she was weak. The last time Ubuyashiki and Amane saw her, she was weak. When she tried to regain herself, drenched in her own blood and tears...

She felt weak.

No more.

That's what she would tell herself ever since she stood back on her feet and began to, at first, stumble down the long corridor. That's what she told herself as she began to think of all the pain and suffering she had gone through.