𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼 - 𝙸𝚝 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Don't worry about that part. Just be out of your home by sundown." The woman spoke, her voice calm, her eyes softer as she stared at the older couple in front of her, both of them looking up at her with a gentle smile. "If you just follow the directions on the sheet, you should be able to find your way to a nearby hotel."

The old man nodded, looking down at the sheet of paper in his hands, given to him moments ago by the so-called 'Government inspector.' He and his wife had been instructed to leave their homes just before sundown so the inspector and her squad could clear out a gas leak that was suspected to burst, and was in need of repair. They would be given a hotel room for the night, provided by the team, ofcourse, the directions to that location printed on the sheet.

The same woman had gone to every house in the neighbourhood, and he caught a glance of her through the window earlier on, so this wasn't much of a surprise to him in the least. When she knocked at the door, he answered with a smile, his kind and old eyes staring into hers, which were slowly softening at the sight of him.

And so, that took them to this moment, the hues of the evening slowly coming to form, the woman's hair and haori swaying with the breese, her form touched by midas and covered with the gold of the evening hour, her eyes slowly narrowing at the sunset, hovering over the buildings and silhouetting the majority of the world around them.

The woman only sighed to herself as she turned to watch the sunset, the light reflected through her eyes. "Yes, thank you, dearie." She was snapped out of her thoughts when the old woman gently grabbed her hand and gave it a soft pat. "We will make sure to get out of the area as soon as we can, no need to worry." The older woman smiled at the halfling, her eyes kind and her touch warmer than the evening's glow.

The older man only nodded before he took his wife's hand away from the halfling and instead held it, giving it a light squeeze. "Thank you for your understanding." The halfling spoke, her eyes closing and her palm going over her heart as she gave a small bow to the couple. "Please remain safe."

And with that, the older woman gave a smile and closed the door gently, (Y/N) remaining in her bowed position until the door finally shut, and she stood back to her full height.

In the last few hours, she had gotten most of the civilians away from the area, and now, all that was left to do was wait. Upon Uzui's decision, she would only be used as support for the civilians. She was likely wanted by the demons, after all.

There was a whole mapped area which had been cleared through the halflings' work, and it was going to be her job to ensure the fighting didn't exceed past that area. She would be the one to guide the fight, supply aid to her peers (upon Ubuyashiki's order in a letter she received about an hour ago), and lower potential civilian casualties, as well as property damage.