𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽 - 𝙵𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

The demon gritted her teeth, eyes wide and tight grip on her spear. All she could do was watch as ribbons, bolts of electricity and roars of thunder, waves of flames and cries of the people were all under way. She received specific orders to sit and wait, so why, when she saw the flames and the strikes, when she witnessed the scene of battle, did she feel adrenaline run through her veins.

Why did she want to join in?

This was not her role. This was not the plan, So why did she want to fight?

No, that wasn't it...she knew exactly why she wanted to fight. It was because she was made for nothing else than fighting. A part of her knew this, and yet the other half refused it completely, when it was the genuine truth.

As a child, she was never good at anything. She watched as everyone around her grew to love sports, music, art, writing, all kinds of things..all while she was left to wait and watch. It hurt her, seeing everyone but her surpass the expectations of the world.

She watched as people gave her siblings more attention, more of their time and effort, and she could do nothing but fall into a pit of jealousy. No matter how much she loved and cherished her family when times were simple, when times were happy, she could never wipe the feeling of loneliness or jealousy. she was a human, those are natural emotions to feel, but to her it felt wrong.

So, in an attempt to get attention, to get some sort of reaction from the people of the town- to finally be included with her siblings, she began causing trouble. She didn't know if it was intentional before, but now that she was looking back on it, the way she acted was completely in line with her emotions, and the facts became inexcusable.

It was only until the attack of her village, when her rage grew, her passion for murder escalated to the point she went to attack a demon, something in her snapped, and after all this time...after all this time, she knew what she was good at, what she could see that others could not.

She could see ways forward in a moment of tension, paths not many could ever consider at such an age, actions that only the foolish would be able to comprehend, words that could only fall from her lips and be completely true....she discovered her will to fight- her ability to fight.

And that realisation only grew when Akaza took her in, training her to be the best because he saw her potential- he saw her unwavering fighting spirit that could carve any child into a great warrior. He was the one that understood her natural talent for fighting from just seeing a single attack from her.

Even her abilities as a demon encourage this idea- being able to adapt and grow new and powerful skills after a single taste of someone's blood... it was all too common in the thread.

This halfing wasn't made to be a poet, or an artist, or anything else...she was made to be a warrior, crafted from birth, carved by her surroundings and finally shaped into the person she is today.