𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶 - 𝙸'𝚖 𝚂𝚘 𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Get up. We'll go again."

The boy beneath me coughed, arms quivering under his form, the only thing holding him up was his will. "But I-" The burgundy haired boy quaked, his voice threatening to collapse and his teary eyes screaming at me to help him, to pull him to his feet and bring him back to Aoi where he would rest and remain happy.

The bags under his eyes should have been enough evidence of exhaustion for me, but I ignored them, I simply didn't care, and I worked him until his insides were begging him for sleep, until his body cried so much that it made blood leak past his lips effortlessly as he shook on the ground.

But I didn't care.

I was just helping him in the only way I knew how to.

Did he not appreciate this?

"I said..GET UP!" I cried, crouching to grab the roots of his burgundy hair to the point I could pull them out if I so desired. I lifted his gaze forcefully to meet my own. I didn't pay attention to the way he looked at me, nor the small cry he let out when I gripped his scalp. "YOU WANT TO GET STRONGER DONT YOU?!"

He could hardly move, not now, not ever, he was constantly in pain the moment I pulled him here. No fun, no liveliness, no sort of any comfort. Just pure pain and suffering, which in no world could be undone.

Demons.

They surrounded us, lurking in the shadows, watching as we were constantly beaten to the ground as though we were nothing, just people in need of shaping into something we didn't even want to become in the first place.

They took him away from me and everyone else. Rengoku died in the hands of the one who raised me, who taught me how to live as I do now, how to fight, how to survive...He murdered the one I was sworn to protect at all costs, and I couldn't help him.

It was all because of one damned demon.

Or to be more specific, the upper moon three.

He always did ruin everything.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

A week before

Something was wrong. Something was so undeniably wrong that it hurt me physically. I could only fall to the floor, clutching my chest as a bead of sweat ran down the side of my face. Tanjiro and his friends left just this morning, and now, as the moon reached its peak did I feel any need to see them. I needed to go to them. I needed to find them. I needed to keep them safe.

I needed to follow orders.

I took one glance at the skies above, staring out into the vast infinity of black, stained with stars as though they were small daisies adorning a clear sage field, holding nothing more than peace, even as the moon hung so loosely above everything else, shining it's kind light into my dark eyes, purifying them to the best of its ability. But it wasn't enough.