𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾 - 𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

A soft grunt let her lips, closed eyes scrunching together unintentionally, her lips slowly releasing a gentle wince.

Giyu looked down at her, his eyes blinking in slight surprise when he heard her small movements, his lips parting and his eyes looking a little less tired than before. "(Y/N)?" He inquired softly, leaning down, over her bed and reaching out to tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

She gave out a soft sigh, her eyes tearing themselves open, her lips turning into a small grimace. Light slowly began to peep through her eyelids, entering her line of sight. She winced at the light, lifting her arm to shield her eyes from the sun before slowly reopening her eyes, finally able to see.

She gave a small sigh, taking in her surroundings and finally laying her eyes on the black haired male sitting on a stool beside her bed, her brow raising. "Giyu?" She inquired, her voice smooth and calm.

The male only nodded, his dull eyes lighting up slightly at her. "Yes. Are you alright?" His tone seemed tired, somewhat uncaring, but somewhere in his features, you could see a glimpse of concern.

The woman simply gave a small nod, rubbing her eyes before moving to sit up in the bed and lean against the headboard. "I should be." She looked down at her hands, smooth and soft just as they were before. "How did I get here?"

She was about to ask another question, but was paused when Giyu gently leaned forward and reached to trace the scars over her face, his eyes narrowing but his touch gentle and kind. She stared at him with widened eyes, blinking. "You were brought here by the Kakushi this morning. From what I could see, you were cut to pieces, and since you hadn't turned into a demon, your healing was delayed." He responded simply before leaning closer, tilting his head. "But nevermind that...how did this happen?"

She opened her mouth to reply, however stopped half way. Instead, she moved into a much more hesitant tone, her voice softer and her eyes calm. "I ran into some trouble." She simply stated, her hand slowly moving to wrap around his wrist.

He didn't take away his hand, instead moving to curl his index finger and trace around the scar on her eye, nodding to himself. "I see. That's unfortunate."

The woman only nodded, looking away from him and letting the silence overtake the duo. It was kind, not forceful in any way towards either of them. This was why she loved spending time with Giyu, simply because of the silence he offered. Even in a challenging time, even when her mind races and she refuses to stop, the silence and presence he brings will always offer her comfort, able to bring her down from her troubles, and keep her lowered to the ground, at a reasonable and gentle rate.

Their silence always spoke more than their words.

"Tanjiro and the other two boys are resting. Tengen went home with his wives once the kakushi arrived." He began, his hand slowly beginning to pull away from her face and instead move to his lap, where she let go of his wrist. "From what I can see, you came out of this the best, for obvious reasons.."