𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜

Nobody's coming to save you

Nobody's coming to save you. Get up. 

I wasn't told that, not by Muzan, not my Akaza, not even by any of my siblings, who I haven't seen in years...no.

I told myself that.

I didn't have any choice. That was the only way I could ever continue on, that one painful, awful phrase that had to keep repeating through my mind, day in, day out. 

I knew it to be true, even as the years passed and I began to grow up, it only became more prominent in my head, constantly repeating as though it was the only thing that mattered, and it was.

There was no one else to raise me, just me and Akaza, day in, day out. No one else was ever around, I hadn't seen any of my family in what- five years? By now, I was around fourteen, not even old enough to be considered a proper teenager or even an adult. To them, I was just still a kid. A kid no one, except Akaza, should concern themselves with. 

A helpless little kid with no hope of freedom.

It was the same routine constantly. Sleep. Eat. Fight. 

Never once did it differ, nor even with some small visits from a demon who popped in once in a while, whose name I had no idea, only remembering his pale skin with his bright blue eyes, along with the spiders that always seemed to follow him around and eventually make it into my bed before I went to sleep. 

Well- I say 'bed', what I really meant was a blanket on the floor with a small, torn, pillow. Akaza never had to sleep since he was a demon, only having to feast on human flesh and blood, but that was still a part of who I was. 

A human. 

I needed food, I needed rest, I needed water. I needed all the things any human would need to survive, and yet Muzan wanted to treat us like we were full demons. Like we were like any sort of other demon that ever existed. 

But we weren't. 

We just weren't. 

I hit the jackpot, getting Akaza as a teacher. He understood I was still part human. He understood what I needed to survive as a normal person, and he gave them to me in any way he could, constantly trying to help instead of trying to make things worse. He was the only demon I could ever learn to trust in this godforsaken place. 

I didn't even want to imagine what the others were going through. Upper three looked perfectly fine, and according to Akaza, they were the only ones treating their students as though they were still alive, and not demons, but below that... I'd bet it was awful. They didn't understand what it was like being human, what needed to be satisfied, they just wanted Muzan's approval above anything else, and so, they mistreated my siblings, treating them as though they were full fledged demons who needed nothing but blood to thrive.