The Pumpkin Patch

Mafia Bucky A/U

A/N - I had a lovely Thanksgiving long weekend and I hope any Canadian readers did too! Yes, my Thanksgiving is in October because...Canada!!  As I said at the end of my previous story, I have some Bucky A/U's coming up for spooky season but Avengers Bucky in all his metal arm glory will be back!! I promise!! I don't mind Bucky A/U stories and I hope you don't too!!

"Bucky!" you yelled as you ran and jumped into your boyfriends' arms, wrapping your legs around his waist, hugging him tightly. 

"Doll" he whispers in your ear then leaned back to kiss your lips. 

"I missed you" you kissed his cheek with a big lip smack and he chuckled lightly. 

"I know, I missed you too, but I'm back now" he calmly said, gently placing you down and hugging you. You stood in the kitchen of his mansion and smiled brightly at him.

Your boyfriend Bucky had been away for a few days dealing with some "family" issues while you stayed behind. And by "family" you mean his mafia family. Yup, your boyfriend was in the mafia. Not just any mafia, but THE mafia. He was the dark menacing leader, and you, you were his ray of sunshine.

"You guys coming then?" yelled Steve from the foyer. 

"Coming Steve!" you called, grabbing Bucky by the arm, shoving him along. 

You were the only one Bucky let manhandle him as he chuckled at your enthusiasm. Anyone else doing that to him and he would have shot them. Because of Bucky's schedule over the past week, he was rarely home since there was a bit of an issue with some of his shipments, he had to deal with himself. He was pissed at his men for the discrepancy and insisted he be there in person to deal with it, so he's been busy. Now that he's back, he promised to spend the entire day with you, whatever you wanted. 

You liked these days with Bucky since he put all his effort and concentration into you and no one else. Even tough he had things to do, he turned his phone off, put his gun away, and focused on you. You giggled excitedly climbing into the SUV while it took you to your destination.

"Where we goin' doll?" Bucky asked, placing his arm around your shoulders, hand playing with your hair. 

"You'll see!" you giggled as you saw Steve in the front seat roll his eyes. 

Sam was also there, and he smirked at Bucky. "Going to be fun Bossman, you'll see" Sam teased while the SUV made its way out of the city.

You and Bucky had been dating for almost a year. You ran into him, literally, when you turned the corner and you fell on your knees when you slammed into his large chest. Immediately, Steve and Sam were at his side, protecting him while you struggled on the ground, scolding the men for not helping you up. You dusted yourself off and gave them each a piece of your mind for not helping an innocent lady while they stood there staring at you with their mouths open. 

No one had ever talked to Bucky like that, let alone a feisty woman, he was intrigued to say the least. You clearly had no idea who he was, which was refreshing. Any female he came across was always draping themselves on him, wanting his attention and money, but you, you were a challenge. You had on a diner uniform as he looked more closely at your unkept look from the collision. Your hair was in a loose braid, and you had on basic makeup, but he saw a sparkle in your eyes he was drawn to. You excused yourself and went into your work as a waitress while Bucky sent one of his men, Clint, to watch over you. The rest was history. 

You were the only one, apart from Bucky's mom, Steve, and his sister that were allowed to call him Bucky. Everyone else either called him Mr. Barnes, or James Barnes. Sam got away with calling him Bossman from time to time, even though it irked Bucky, he let it slide since he was great at his job.