He Never Deserved You

Bucky A/U - I have a few of those coming up in the next month but Avengers/TFAWS Bucky will return - I promise!

I love Steve, next to Bucky, Steve is my favourite, but I made him into a dink in this one - you're gonna want to punch him in the face...sorry!

"Ok, so the ceremony will be there, I have the order of the bridesmaids set, your groomsmen know where to stand?" you asked, looking over your list. 

Steve rolled his eyes at you and nodded for what seemed like the 100th time. 

"Yes dear, we all know what we're doing, now can we go eat or do you have another list we need to go over?" Steve teased with some snickering behind him, making you scowl at your fiancé. 

"Fine." you huffed out, putting your list away. 

Your wedding party all cheered and started to head to the food and drinks. The hotel had a large outdoor garden on the grounds where you plan to have your ceremony. The reception you have planned is a casual one with passed snacks and nibblies, and a dessert table, very casual and intimate which is just what you want.

You stood in the quiet garden and smiled to yourself. This was the night before your wedding, and you were beyond excited. All your planning and preparation came down to this as you let out a breath to relax yourself. Steve took off with some of his groomsmen, and your bridesmaids followed, giggling, and laughing to themselves. 

"You, ok?" came a deep voice from your right. 

"Yeah Buck, I think so." you smiled up at him. 

He nodded and offered you his arm to walk into the restaurant with. 

"Thank you, kind sir," 

"My pleasure M 'lady." 

You let you a giggle and took a few steps until Bucky had your hand wrapped around his arm. 

"I just hope tomorrow goes ok." you huffed out. 

"Doll, it's going to go well because you've planned every detail down to the minute. I know it will because you got this." he squeezed your hand. 

You looked up at your fiancés best friend and smiled brightly. 

"Thanks Buck." 

"You're welcome." 

He flashed you a small smile and cleared his throat before looking away. You walked into the restaurant. 

"There's the table." he pointed over to the long table that sat your wedding party. Food and drinks were all laid out with everyone laughing and talking to each other. Your family was off to the side celebrating with Steve's.

"Thanks Bucky." you smiled before you let go of his arm. 

"Be right back doll." he said before leaving the room.

Bucky walked down the hall and stood in the dark, breathing in and out, trying to relax himself and telling himself over and over to keep it together. You were marrying his best friend tomorrow, there was no going back. He had wished he was faster and asked you out as soon as you moved into the empty apartment next door, but he was too slow. Steve slid in and charmed you before Bucky could even blink. 

Bucky had to watch you date his best friend for two years. Two years he stood by, watching you snuggle, kiss, and laugh with Steve while Bucky sat alone on the sidelines. He thought you were the prettiest, smartest women he had ever known and had wanted to keep you on a high pedestal so he could worship the ground you walked on. Sounds intense, but it was the truth, Bucky adored you. He thought you were funny, liked your style, and you always made him feel so relaxed when you were around. You baked and cooked for him and Steve, helped them decorate their apartment for the holidays, and spent time with their other friends like you've known them all your life.