CHAPTER 49

~Don’t dine with the devil unless you are one of them~

*NAMJOON*

“No. That can’t be possible. Minnie can’t be the witness…I mean, does that even make any sense at all?” Jungkook mumbled under his breath, shaking his head here and there.

Namjoon sighed, grabbing the glass shot of whiskey and gulping the whole content then poured himself another shot. “I don’t know what you want me to say, Jungkook but all I can say is… Jimin is the only person we can hold on to for answers.”

“But I thought we both had two different things to look after. I thought…”

Namjoon cuts him off. “Well you thought wrong, man.” He dropped the glass on the table, coming up to his feet. “I also thought I was dealing with two different murderers. I also thought there is no connection between you both cases but turned out my assumption was wrong after watching that video.”

“What video?”

“A video of his aunt.” He handed the flash drive over to Jungkook. “Things are going to get pretty messy, Jungkook. We just need to be careful and most importantly, we need to keep a close watch on Jimin.”

“I don’t think the murderers know anything about Jimin being the witness.”

Namjoon shook his head quietly. “Stop thinking, Jungkook and start calculating. Jimin might not know any of this things but that psychotic bastard knows a lot. And so does your mother.”

“Stop calling her that, Namjoon. I really hate that woman. After what I heard about me being the one with my father that night when he died, I felt sorry for her. I hated myself for treating her that way…when I told Minnie about it, he told me not to beat myself for hurting Dohwa. He said there might be a probability that what I remember of Dohwa might actually be true.” He sighed. “What if Dohwa is actually the murderer?”

“What? Why will you even think that? It’s your mother we are talking about here, Jungkook. Even as much as she wants to stop this investigation, I don’t think she will go that far by being the murderer. I mean, what will be her gain?”

“Does a killer need a reward for killing a human?”

“Stop talking that way, Jungkook. I know you hate her but accusing her for something like this is really huge.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I can’t trust that woman for any goddamn thing! She is a complete psychopath, trust me.”

“Wait, I should trust you?” Jungkook didn’t say anything. “Do you even trust yourself?”

“Shut up.”

Namjoon let out a deep breath, sitting down beside Jungkook and resting his hand on his shoulder. “We just need to be careful. You, Jimin…”

“And you.” Jungkook cuts in, staring at him.

Namjoon smiled. “I will be fine.”

“I know. But I still want you to be careful.”

“When did Jeon Jungkook start caring for me?” He joked, laughing.

“Fuck you, man. But hey, I might be a complete jerk and a loser. A guy who doesn’t care about any fucking person and only obsessed in finding his father’s murderer….but I still got a heart in here and I gat feelings too…Minnie and you…you both are the only ones I care about in the whole world.” He inhaled deeply. “I can’t afford to lose any of you.”

_

_

_

*THIRD PERSON POV*