CHAPTER 45

~Run if you can, prince~

*NAMJOON*

“Are you really going to trust him?” Soo asked.

“We have no choice. If we don’t trust him then there’s no way we will be able to get all this puzzles right!” He said.

“But you said this man refused to tell you anything the day you went to him.” Liam pointed out.

Namjoon nodded his head in agreement. “Yes. But he is ready to talk now. Isn’t that a good thing?”

“What if it’s a plan? What if…”

Namjoon shook his head immediately, cutting Liam off. “I doubt this is all planned out.”

“Why?”

“He sounded scared, guys.”

“What?” Soo questioned.

“What do you mean?” Liam asked as well.

He let out a deep sigh before saying. “Something doesn’t feel right.”

_

_

_

*JUNGKOOK*

Jungkook walked into the house and went straight to the bar.

He picked out a bottle of whiskey and a champagne glass. He poured himself a drink and downed the whole content.

“Jungkook.” His mother called from behind, disrupting his peaceful quiet moment.

“Get away from me.” Jungkook said through gritted teeth, pouring himself another drink.

“We need to talk, Jungkook.” She said, refusing to leave him alone.

Jungkook snapped his head to her direction, glaring at her. “Are you going to tell me what you know?”

“No. But…,”

“Forget it. If you are not going to say anything then I see no point in us talking.” He was going to walk away but she caught hold of his wrist, stopping him from walking away.

“You have to listen to me, Jungkook.”

“Listen to you concerning what!?” He yelled.

“Concerning her!” She snapped. It was the very first time for his mother to speak to him in this manner. “You have to stop looking.”

“What?”

“She will kill you if you remember, Jungkook. I can’t let her kill you or even come close to you and that’s why I don’t want you to remember anything.”

“What… what are you saying?”

Dohwa gulped, looking around as if suspecting someone was around. “You might not like me but I love you so much, son. I will do anything to protect you even if it means hurting someone else.”

“What are you saying? Who is this person you are talking about? Tell me why you don’t want me to remember anything exactly!” He asked, pulling his hand away from her grasp.

“She will hurt you. I know what she can do. And you know as well.”

“What do I know?”

She took a step closer to Jungkook, cupping his face. “Lot. But it’s better not to remember anything. Stop what you are doing with Namjoon. And tell Namjoon to stop as well.”

“Why?” Jungkook asked, stepping away from her hold.

“What?”

“Why should I stop? Why should we stop?”