CHAPTER 31

~It wasn’t coincidence~

*JIMIN*

“Hey.” He waved, waving closer to the booth where Namjoon was seated. “You are early.” He sat opposite from him.

“You are late.”

“I have to take care of some things.” He sighed, dropping his bag on the empty space beside him. “How are you doing?”

Namjoon raised a questioning brow at him then said teasingly. “You never ask me that.”

Jimin frowned at him. “That make me look like a bad guy.” He shrugged. “I was through a lot at then. You don’t expect me to act okay when I’m not.”

He laughed. “You are actually acting to be okay, prince.”

He rolled his eyes. “Don’t call me that.”

It was silence for a while until Namjoon spoke again. “I need to discuss something with you.” Jimin nodded his head, indirectly telling him to go ahead with whatever he was going to say. “Why do you think the person who killed your aunt is the same person who hit your head?”

“Well, I just took guess. I’m not so sure. Why?”

He took out his jotter, turned some pages before handing it over to Jimin. “I think you are wrong.” He said.

Jimin glance through the page. “What do you mean?” He asked looking up at him.

“Your aunt was killed in the middle of the night so how come were you hit the next morning by the same person?” He asked him.

“I_” Jimin voice trailed off as he look down at the table. He was right. The person couldn’t have been waiting for him to come in just to hit his head, right?

“I think they are two different people involved.” Namjoon stated, watching him closely.

“Two different people?” Jimin repeated slowly, staring down at the page once again. It was clues Namjoon had written concerning the case. “Why is the scream linking to the unknown person you think hit my head?” Jimin asked, staring back up at him.

He shrugged. “What do you think? Your aunt couldn’t have screamed, could she?” He raised a questioning brow at him.

Jimin stayed quiet as he process his words.

His aunt died in the middle of the night and he heard the scream the next morning, on getting to the room, he was hit on the head.

Namjoon might be right. The person who’d screamed that day wasn’t his aunt but the same person who might have hit his head but the question here was, who?

“Then who could have screamed?”

“No, no, no. The question here is who could this person be?”

“Probably someone who is working for my aunt’s murderer, obviously.” He scoffed.

He shook his head slowly. “Maybe. But how did the person got into your aunt’s room that morning?”

Jimin shrugged off his shoulders. “The same way my_”

“I doubt.” He cuts him off.

“What?”

“Your aunt was killed in the middle of the night which means whoever that killed her came into the palace at that time so he or she won’t be spotted…” He sighed. “And you heard a scream the next morning, on getting there, you got hit on the head, losing consciousness…if this person was really the murderer then you should have been dead by now.” He tapped his fingers on the wooden table. “But why weren’t you killed? And how did this person got into the house during the day when the guards and maids are now vigilant?”