CHAPTER 38

~Confusion~

*JIMIN*

“Hey.” Namjoon greeted just as Jimin got down from his car and approached him. “So what’s up?”

“Where is the necklace?” He suddenly asked, without even greeting him back.

“Um, here.” He brought it out of his pocket and handed it over to him, staring at him in confusion.

“How… how is this possible?” Jimin muttered under his breath, twirling the necklace round his fingers, his brows were knitted in total confusion.

“What is it?” Namjoon asked again.

“This can’t be possible, right? I mean, you are with the necklace so… so how come does she have one as well?” He questioned, looking up at Namjoon.

“What are you talking about, Jimin? I’m very confuse right now.” He said.

“Detective_”

“Namjoon.” He corrected.

“Whatever.” He waved off, sighing. “I think something is wrong somewhere.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m very sure this necklace belongs to Lisa… and she’s the only one who owns a necklace like this in the palace.”

“So?”

“Lisa has her necklace with her.” He finally said, running his fingers through his hair. “I… i don’t think she’s the murderer.”

“What? How is that possible?” Namjoon questioned, staring right at the necklace in Jimin’s hand.

“I know right!” He started to panic, pacing around as he kept muttering words to himself.

“But you said she’s the only one with that necklace, right?”

“Yes!” He half yelled, throwing his hands up in the air as if in defeat. “I’m very confused right now. How come are we with the necklace and she have hers with her?”

“This can’t be.” Namjoon whispered to himself. “You need to calm down. Let’s go inside.” He said, opening the front door for him.

“Thank you.” Jimin walked through the door while Namjoon followed him from behind, slamming the door shut behind them.

He sat down while Namjoon went to the kitchen to get him something to drink. Few minutes later, he returned with a glass of orange juice and set it on the table, in front of him.

Jimin didn’t say anything, all of his attention were just on the necklace.

“You have to calm down!” He cuts through his thoughts.

“I can’t. What if I’m wrong? What if Lisa is not the problem here? What if_”

“What if you just calm the fuck down and let me think?” Namjoon cuts him off, feeling irritated of his behavior. “I got this, okay?”

“Do you? You are the cause of everything. If you didn’t put those words of doubt in my head about my maid, maybe this wouldn’t have happened!” He lashed out at him.

“Excuse me? You were the one who came to me with that necklace, remember?”

“Oh shut up.” He rolled his eyes, looking away.

“So you think Lisa is not the problem here, right?”

“Can’t you see? She has found her necklace which means this necklace here is not hers.”