CHAPTER 35

~It’s a boy~

*NAMJOON*

“Who are you.” A woman asked as soon as she came out of the house.

“I’m detective Namjoon.” He said calmly.

“Detective?” She repeated, a bit confused.

“Yes. Are you Mrs Lin?” He asked.

“Well… yes?”

“I’m here to have a word with you, hope you don’t mind?”

“I don’t understand. What do you want to probably talk to me about? I don’t even know you!” She exclaimed.

“Probably. But you do know about something that I need.”

“Um…come on in then.” She stepped aside for him to walk through. Namjoon appreciated her before stepping in. She slammed the shut. “Seat while I go get you something to drink.” She walked away leaving just him in the living room.

After a while she returned with a tray of a cup of tea and handed it over to him before taking her seat at the opposite couch away from Namjoon.

“Thanks.” Namjoon said nodding at the cup of tea in his hand.

“It’s alright.” She smiled. There was a moment of silence until she spoke up again. “What do you want from me, detective?”

Namjoon set the cup of tea on the table beside the chair where he was sitting on before focusing his attention on Mrs Lin. “I need some information from you.”

“You’ve said that before but I don’t get… what information could I possibly know?”

Namjoon sighed before saying. “An information regarding an incident of fifteen years ago.”

“Fifteen years ago?” She raised a questioning brow at him, still trying to get what he was saying.

“Mr Jeon.”

Immediately the woman’s eyes went wide and her mouth dropped open. She tried talking but just couldn’t. It felt like the words have disappeared out of her mouth.

“Are… you okay?” Namjoon asked in concern.

“Wh…why? That case happened a very long time ago so…why are you still searching?” She finally said, taking in few deep breaths.

“The child wants answers.” Namjoon answered calmly.

“The child? Is it the first boy or the the second?” She asked.

“The second?” Namjoon repeated in confusion.

“Yes. They were two children that night, both of which are boys. They were the only two witness of that night. Especially the second.” Mrs Lin said.

“Wait, there was another boy in the scene? I… I thought it was only one boy.” It wasn’t a question but it sounded like one.

“That is what they made everyone believed. But there was another boy also.”

“Are you sure because_”

She cuts him off. “I’m very sure.”

_

_

_

*DOHWA*

“Please seat.”

“Thank you.” Dohwa offered him a smile before sitting down. Doctor Woong sat down as well, opposite from where she was sitting. “How have you been?”