CHAPTER 11

~Coronation day….or maybe not~

*JIMIN*

He danced, danced and danced. It was his only way of feeling less bothered or scared. It was his only way of being at ease and comfortable. It was his only way of connecting to his late parents. It was his only way of seeing himself in the future. It was the only way he could forget all of the things being said to him and stop doubting and questioning his aunt’s love for him. It was his only way….

He pirouette with his hands up above his head on the air, one of his leg was resting on the other as he kept swirling to the rhythm of the waves, he was smiling as tears kept streaming down his face, his hair were scattered loosely over his face, he loved dancing that way.

He lifted his legs off the ground, extending it out over the ground as he was going to land with his both of his feet, he lost his balance and fell down.

He wasn’t there with his dog, he was there with no one but himself. There was no one to console him now. He felt lonely, sad, broken, confused, scared. His feelings were complicated and it scared the shit out of him.

“Eomma, Appa, what do I do?” He questioned, his eyes rested on the flowing waters, he could hear the waves, he could hear the free flow of the waters but he couldn’t see it. He couldn’t see anything. Tears streamed down his face and he started crying.

Why does his life always have to get so complicated? Why can’t he be happy like others? Why?

~FLASHBACK~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

He hated this sound so much. It does nothing but to remind him of his mom in her dying bed. He felt so weak and numb. Especially his legs. No, no, no, this can’t be happening. Every Ballerina’s pride lies in their legs. He tried his possible best to move his legs but it wasn’t working. He slowly opened his eyes to see exactly why his legs felt stuck but all he saw was darkness. It was as if he was in a dark room with the lights put off. He looks around to see if he could find the switch but he couldn’t see anything.

He heard the door open and close. He was going to ask them to help put on the light when he heard his aunt’s voice. She was sobbing.

“Aunt?” Jimin questioned in confusion. He couldn’t make out his aunt’s face. The room was damn dark. “Could you please put on the light? And why are you crying?”

“My darling nephew…” His aunt cried out, reaching out to Jimin’s hand.

“Aunt, what’s going on? I can’t see anything, could you please put on the lights?”

“I’m sorry…. I’m so sorry.” She repeated in tears, still holding Jimin’s hand. That did nothing but confused Jimin even more. Why was his aunt apologizing? Or doesn’t she want to turn on the light? What’s wrong? “You…you…”

“What is it, aunt? And how are you coping in this darkness? I can’t see anything, aunt. It’s killing me. Please put on the lights.”

“The room isn’t in darkness, Jimin. You just can’t see anymore.”

“What…wha…what did you just say?” Jimin asked in disbelief.

“The gun shot damaged your eyes. You are blind, Jimin.”

Hot tears slowly slipped off his eyes to his face, as he stared into darkness. His darkness. His dark world. He thought the room was the one with the problem but little did he know he was the only one drowning in a dark world. Alone. His legs might be fine but his eyes weren’t. Yeah, Ballerinas pride lies on their legs but what about their eyes, how will they be able to dance again if they were blind.