CHAPTER 15

~Search…~

*NAMJOON*

Namjoon stared at the document in his grip as his thought began to move in circles.

It was impossible.

It can’t be.

How could it be a child?

It has to be a woman _Mrs Jeon Dohwa_ to be precise.

She even admitted to it.

So why was this document in between his thumb and index finger saying a total different thing?

~FLASHBACK~

*If it's what am thinking then don't even start. I can't bring myself to tell him about what happened that night. It will kill him and won't even change anything but will make him hate me even more for keeping it away from him. And you know it.*

*I know but you have no other option. You can't keep trying to remember something you don't know and that's for one reason.*

*It's better of this way.*

*Tell him the truth.*

~END OF FLASHBACK~

{A/N: In case you are lost or confused then just read chapter Six over so you won’t get so confuse again.}

Namjoon had overheard Dohwa and Lily saying something like that when he came downstairs from Jungkook’s bedroom. He had overlooked it that day because he thought it wasn’t any of his business and maybe they were just discussing about something else. Something less important.

But he was wrong.

That discussion might even mean a lot in this investigation.

He tightened his grip around the document.

*What if your mother can't remember that night because she wasn't the one with your father when he died. What if it was someone else. Probably you.*

Could he be right when he said that?

*I had a dreamA man was lying on the floor, helplessly as he kept yelling at a child to run, a man came around and knocked him out then walked over to the trembling child and said, ‘let’s make a memory, shall we?’*

Jungkook had told him that some hours ago.

*What if that man lying helplessly on the ground is your late father, the little child is you and the other man is the killer, the ringleader in this investigation?*

He had said those words to Jungkook.

What if he was actually right.

What if the person who was with Mr Jeon that night was Jungkook and not his mother?

He let out a deep breath as he got up to his feet and walked out of the police station, he entered his car, started the engine and drove out of the vicinity.

He picked up his phone and dialled a number. It rung for sometime, during the last ring, it was answered.

“Hello?”

“Mrs Jeon, it’s Namjoon.” He said.

“Oh. Namjoon. How are you doing, dear?” She asked in a motherly tone.

“Great. How about you?”

“Not bad. uh…why are you calling me instead of Jungkook, your friend?” She asked, confusion were evident in her voice.