CHAPTER 13

~Silence…~

*HWASA*

“You want to see me, dear.” Hwasa said, as she walked into her nephew’s large bedroom. It was clean and spotless as usual. She knows how much Jimin hates dirtiness even before he became blind. He was literally a neat freak.

“Yes, aunt. Hope you don’t mind?” He asked in a lower voice, adjusting for his aunt to sit. Hwasa sat down on the spot Jimin had created for him to sit.

“Of course not. What is it?” She asked. She knows exactly why Jimin asked to see her and she had prepared an answer to give. The coronation should have happened today if she didn’t postpone it. Yes, everyone had waited patiently for the day to come, even she had waited for it as well but she can’t let power and wealth blind her sense of reasoning. She can’t let her nephew end up like her late sister, the queen, and also his mother.

“Something tells me that you know exactly what I’m talking about, aunt.” Jimin said, still maintaining his calm voice.

And he was right. Hwasa remained silent for a pretty long time, she was just staring at his beautiful blind nephew, she was at the verge of shedding tears. Would he ever forgive her if he come to know the truth?

She didn’t know why but she felt the urge of hugging him and she did just that. She pulled Jimin into her arms for a warm yet cold embrace.

She wants him to be happy. Because he deserve all the happiness of life and not the pain, hurt or tragedy. His life has been turning upside down since the day he lost his parents. At first she thought he was going to be okay, she thought Jimin will be fine as time went on. Yeah, he became fine and alright through the help of ballet but everything came shattering down again the very day he lost his sight. Hwasa can’t even imagine the pain her nephew must be going through every passing day. She knows how it feels to be locked up in a dark room with no escape or redemption. Just you and the darkness. It was more like falling in the pit of hell.

“My beautiful nephew” She breaths out, stroking Jimin’s hair. “My kind hearted nice nephew.”

“Aunt…”

“It was for the best.” Hwasa cuts him off from whatever he was going to say, pulling away from the hug and looking into his blind eyes. “I had no other option than to postpone it.”

“Why?” Jimin breaths out. “I mean, what are we going to tell the ministers was our reason for postponing the coronation? And why didn’t you tell me earlier before going for it? I thought we both made a promise to always do things together and not keep secrets from each other, aunt.”

Hwasa nods her head in approval. “Yeah. We did promise that. I was going to tell you anyway but I couldn’t find you around. Mercy, the maid was the one who told me that you went to the beach and that Lisa have gone to get you. I’m sorry for not telling you first before going on with the plan.” She said. Part of it were true. Yeah, she did search for Jimin but it wasn’t because of the postponement of the coronation. She just wanted to check on him. Stupid how she think she could hide it from him.

Jimin let out a sigh with a nod of his head, taking in everything his aunt had just said. Then a question struck him. “Why?” He let it out.

“What?”

“Why did you postpone the coronation at this short notice? And besides you were the same person who agreed to the fixed date so, why the sudden change of plans?” He asked, expectant for a honest reply from his aunt.

Hwasa was silent. She didn’t say anything. She thought she was ready for this question, she thought she had an answer but she was so wrong. She has run out of answers _Lies_ She can’t tell Jimin the truth, telling him the truth means making him worried and scared, and making him worried and scared will only worsen the whole situation. If only he wasn't blind, then she would have tell him the whole thing…what was she even saying? Jimin was damn smart and would have been able to put two to two together just by looking into her eyes.