CHAPTER 21

~A slim chance~

*DOHWA*

“What’s wrong, Lily? Why are you crying?” Dohwa asked, concern were evident in her face, her arms were wrapped around her friend’s body as she kept consoling her.

“He…He left.” Lily cried.

“Who left?” Lily didn’t answer but kept crying. “Please, Lily. Talk to me and stop keeping worried.” Dohwa pleaded.

“Bryan…he left!” Lily yelled at the top of her voice, crying uncontrollably.

Dohwa arched her brows in deeper confusion.

First, who was Bryan?

Secondly, why was Lily crying over this Bryan of a guy?

Thirdly, What the hell had happened between them?

Lily wasn’t married in case you are wondering. She was just a woman who loves to live in the moment.

She prefer to be a single mother than to be stuck in a fuck up marriage.

She never admired her friend’s married life even when they were probably the best couple she has ever seen. Dohwa. Never had a great childhood experience with her parents, who kept fighting and insulting each other in the presence of their children.

Lily wasn’t the only child, she was the third out of six children.

The first born who happens to be a boy, ran away from home with the second child _a girl_ They left just her and the other little ones with their abusive and annoying parents. Saving themselves first.

Lily wanted to run away as well but the thought of leaving her little ones scares her. So she decided to stay with them and endure every pain.

After a while, their father died of heart attack. Their mother started taking drugs, sleeping with all kind of men, she cared less about them.

Lily was beyond broken.

She took care of her siblings all by herself.

She gave her siblings a chance to live and be happy regardless of what they might have experience at their young age.

After a while, her mother died, leaving them completely alone.

There was no difference between she being alive and she being dead by the way.

The only different there was, there was no fucking person around to yell at them or beat them for no reason.

Lily started working her ass off just to provide means for her little ones…

She suffered….

They suffered….

Dohwa have been with them through their tough times. Dohwa stick with her and her little ones. Dohwa was from a wealthy family even before she met her husband who happens to be wealthy and famous as well.

Dohwa gave them a much more comfortable life. She gave Lily a better paying job. And that’s how they even became best friends.

They know each other’s deepest secret. There was no secret between them. They were each other’s backbone and supporter.

Dohwa trust Lily with her life and Lily trust her with her life as well.

Because of all Lily had experience while growing up as a child, she decided not to marry and just live the moment. She decided to keep away from anything called ‘marriage.’ or ‘commitment.’

Although, her little siblings were now married and having kids now. And as for her eldest siblings? She hasn’t heard from them ever since they left.

Dohwa knows all this and seeing Lily crying because of a man seem to baffles her.