Chapter 30: True Feelings

Kimberly sat in her room, contemplating what she should do...I mean she knew what she was supposed to do but she was scared. Sure it took guts to turn her life around and face her stepdad head on but love was another different thing. She sat there for a bit, remembering what her and Wyatt went through from the very first time they met till now and that's when she finally got her courage. She was going to do this for her past self and as a step towards her future. Without thinking, she walked out of her room and into the living room where Wyatt sat in his recliner, browsing on a tablet. Kimberly sat on the couch across from him and said "Um Wyatt, I need to tell you something...something I've put off for a while now". Wyatt sat down the tablet and said "You can tell me anything, I'm listening".

She smiled at him and said, "I love you". Wyatt's heart began pounding intensely before he tried to shake it off. He said, "Yeah as a friend I know, I love you too". Kimberly rolled her eyes and sighed before walking over and pulling him into a kiss. It lasted for about a second before she pulled away and said "No, I love you as a person who I want to spend the rest of my life with".She sat in his lap and said"I'm sorry I'm 5 years late but I'm here now and I'm finally telling you how I really feel". The truth is I never stopped loving you, ever since that day in the cafe when you helped me with my writing assignment". She teared up and said, "I know I was a horrible person with only a pretty face to flaunt but you still helped me, even when I made your life hell in return".

Tears poured down her cheeks but Wyatt was unable to move or react, his brain was fully overloaded and he found himself trapped inside his own thoughts. Kimberly sobbed for a few minutes before she felt a hand rubbing her back, it was Wyatt's hand".As if his touch was pure electricity, she found herself feeling energized as could finally choke out what she was trying to say. She said" 5 years later, despite your hatred and your pain, you found it in your heart to save me me from myself. You took me in as a filthy, uneducated drug addict with nothing but trouble to offer and you listened to me, believed in me and you cleaned me up". She wrapped her arms around him and said, "It might seem like nothing but it was something...you saved my life and because of you I can move forward and not live in chains because of my past".

Wyatt finally sat up and of all the things his body could do, it chose laughter which confused Kimberly. After laughing he finally felt words form and said" I feel the same Kimberly, I love you too". He smiled and said"Frankly you underestimate yourself...I fell in love with you because of the things you bring to the table. I love your weird tastes in romance, I love your childish mannerisms, and how you pretend your toothbrush is a rocket ship. I love how you can eat, like a lot and the smile on your face when you're enjoying yourself. He sighed and said I guess what got me the most was how warm and heartfelt your hugs were and the energy you give off when I touch you...I don't know how to explain it but when you hold my hand or even brush up against me, I feel these intense feelings of love, warmth, and safety and it felt absolutely amazing.

He wiped her tears as he said "I love everything about you, good and bad because it makes you that weird kinda' girl that makes my world spin".I know that every day will always be a new adventure with you around. I'm sorry I took so long that you had to say it first, I was so mixed up with conflicting feelings for you that I didn't know w-". Kimberly cut him off and said, "Shush, what matters now is that we're here together and we feel the same way about each other".This time, Wyatt cupped Kimberly's Cheek and pulled her into a sweet but gentle kiss but Kimberly wanted more. She deepened the kiss and put Wyatt's hands on her thighs. Wyatt went along with it, feeling equally passionate before finally pulling away a few minutes later. Kimberly giggled and said," Wow...that was totally worth the 5 years it took for us to get here... I just thank heavens you gave me this chance".

He smiled and said"I thank God you changed and happened to be brought back into my life again" Wyatt said, "So what now? Are we like dating or engaged or what?". Kimberly giggled and said, "I mean we've known each other long enough to skip to dating phase so let's get married tomorrow". Wyatt looked at her and said, "I'm already one step ahead of you".He quickly got up and ran down the hall to his office and back in under 2 minutes. He pulled out a ring box and said" Since you suggested it, will you marry me ?". Kimberly fell on the floor laughing for a few seconds before she got up and said " I was just kidding but yeah let's do it but in a couple of years".She took the ring, put it on her finger, and said "Ooh fiancee, I like the way it sounds".He smiled and said, "Good, because I intend to call you it all the time when others are around....if you you of course I love your name more".She kissed his cheek and said," Pipe down, just call me Kimberly".