Chapter 21: Hiro strikes again

School had finally come to an end. Kageyama sat at his desk, alone, in his empty homeroom class, as he waited for Tsukishima. Although it may not seem like it, Tsukishima is very clingy. The blonde insists on walking Kageyama home everyday, eating lunch with him everyday, as well as having study sessions together. Of course, Kageyama tries to refuse. But, Tsukishima was too annoyingly adorable for him to say 'no'. His desk was near the window, allowing the sun to gleam down on him, putting him at ease. It was peaceful and quiet...

Until she walked in. 

"You." A voice interrupted his calm and peaceful thoughts. 

He turned his head to the direction of the voice, "Hiro-senpai?

She marched over to his desk, pulling a chair to sit infront of him. He flinched, as she slammed her elbows on the wooden table. 

"I- is there a-a problem?" Kageyama stuttered. 

"Yes, there is." She continued, "it's you."

Kageyama was taken aback, "Wh-what do you mean?" He asked confused.

"What? Don't play dumb with me right now."

"I don't get it..." 

"You and him. You're in my way."

"Huh?"

"What's your relationship with Tsukishima?"

Kageyama froze. His eyes began quivering. Sweat started forming on his face, a lump grew in his throat, and his stomach felt uneasy. "Wh... what makes you think-"

"The other day," she cut him off. "I gave Tsukishima a bento box. I made everything and packed it all myself. But something was fishy when he returned the lunchbox to me..." Hiro trailed off.

"Which is?"

"He ate the peas." Kageyama's heart dropped. "Tsukishima hates peas, doesn't he?" An evil smile spread across her face. "So what? You guys dating?" She asked.

He slammed his hands on the desk, "It's not like that!" He yelled. 

"THEN WHAT IS IT?" She stood up, making intimidating eye contact with the setter. Her eyes filled with rage as she gritted her teeth. 

"Tobio?" A voice called out. Hiro immediately turned her head to the direction of the recognisable voice. 

"Kei!" She exclaimed happily, running towards the blonde who was standing at the doorway, leaving Kageyama dazed. 

"What were you guys talking about?" Tsukishima asked, a slightly worried tone evident in his voice. "Oh! Nothing important," she smiled. While Hiro continued to pester Tsukishima with her irritating questions, Kageyama was still stuck there, frozen in place, unable to move from the position he was standing at. 

His secret was out.

Was he being too obvious? If Hiro tells anyone, that means him and Tsukishima would be swarmed with questions by classmates and teachers. Who knows what Hiro is capable of. She could even use this information to blackmail him and Tsukishima. She knows. Shit, she knows. She could- 

"King?" Tsukishima's placed his hand on Kageyama's shoulder, sending shivers down the setter's spine, and snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You were daydreaming." Kageyama swiftly turned his head to face the doorway, but Hiro wasn't there. 

Thank god.

"Again?" Tsukishima nodded. "Sorry." Kageyama apologised. 

"It's okay, shall we go?"

"Yea... lets go."