Chapter 13: Talent show

"Students, please take your seats according to class!"

Kageyama sat in the third row, next to Hinata, accompanied by his fellow classmates. Today was the day of the Karasuno talent show. Unexpectedly, a lot of students entered the competition, hence, the school held lessons for only half the day. 

"Aren't you excited, Kageyama?" Hinata asked, excitedly.

"Hm."

It's been 3 days since the incident between the setter and the middle blocker. Surprisingly, the raven-haired boy hasn't had any encounter with the blonde male recently. Whenever they'd have volleyball practice, Yamaguchi would say that Tsukishima has already gone home due to personal issues.

However, it isn't his business to pry into Tsukishima's personal life after all.  He's just his teammate, nothing more. Plus, after everything that happened, it would be awkward between the pair. So he was slightly grateful that they haven't come across each other.

"Okay okay everyone, settle down!" The teacher (who was standing on the stage) spoke into the mic. "As you know, today the music club has hosted a talent show for your peers so please listen and be respectful when they are performing on stage." The teacher took a deep breath before continued, "now, I will be introducing the judges from the music club... Hanako Nao." 

As soon as the buzzcut-haired teacher announced the name of the first judge, a gorgeous brown-haired girl walked onto the stage. The female student had nicely-styled short hair with bangs parting to her side. (For better visualization, please imagine her Hiro from 'Kono oto tomare' )

"Nice to meet you! I'm a second year student, and, the vice president of the music club!" Hanako exclaimed, as the audience clapped loudly.

"Next up, we have... Kaito Ishioka," A black-haired male student with glasses, entered the stage. (Please imagine him as Takezo from 'Kono oto tomare' for better visualization). "Hello, I'm a second year of Karasuno high, and, the president of the music club." He spoke sternly. Unlike the girl before, he seemed more serious and quiet. 

Hanako nudged Kaito, with a lively smile spread across her face, to which, Kaito rolled his eyes in response. "Lastly, Ayasaki Sakura!" The teacher said enthusiastically.

Slowly, a beautiful young girl with majestic ocean eyes and magical purple hair walked onto the stage. Kageyama's eyes widened when he immediately recognised who this student was. 

It was the same girl Tsukishima was talking to before the setter lashed out at him.

"Hi! I'm a second year and the supervisor of the music club," she spoke into the mic with a soft, fragile-like voice. As soon as she concluded her sentence, a loud roar of cheers emitted from the crowd. Boys stood up from their seats, either raising their closed fits or, clapping harshly. 

"Alright alright settle down... you seem pretty popular Sakura-chan." The teacher declared, to which, Ayasaki smiled nervously in response. "SAKURA, BE MY GIRLFRIEND INSTEAD!" A male's voice yelled, to which, Ayasaki laughed awkwardly in response. "QUIET!" The teacher shouted. 

"Anyway, shall we get started?" The teacher calmly spoke, to which, the 3 second-years nodded in response, walking off the stage and taking a seat in the front row. "Can we please have the Fumiko Watanabe on stage?" Ayasaki spoke softly into the mic. 

♫♫♫

"Thank you." Kaito sighed, as a student left the stage. 

So far, atleast 13 contestants have showcased their talents of singing, dancing, gymnastics and playing the guitar. The performances were repetitive, nothing special, nor, anything new. It bored the audience, and, the setter as well.