Chapter 6: Fireworks

"HOLY SHIT!"

Kageyama ran out of the haunted house from the back exit, crouching as he tried to catch his breath. The air was still chilly and cold but, he was sweating like crazy.

"It wasn't that scary." Tsukishima shrugged, walking next to the setter as he kept his hands in his pocket. Kageyama turned his head to look up at the blonde. 

"Oh so you wanna play tough guy?" Kageyama stood up straight and directed his whole body to face the middle blocker, fists clenched.

"No, it's just that I'm not a scaredy cat." Tsukishima replied, as his signature idiotic smirk spread across his face.

"Shut up!" Kageyama grabbed Tsukishima by the collar of his beige coat. 

"Make me." 

"Wha-"

"Guys! There you are!" The same familiar, high pitched voice called out. Kageyama gently pushed Tsukishima away and rested his hands inside his coat pocket. The raven-haired boy turned his head to face the direction of the voice to be greeted with the cheerful smiles of the green-haired boy and blonde-haired girl.

"So, how was the haunted house?" Yachi asked.

"Fine... I guess..." Kageyama looked away as a blush of embarrassment crept onto his face.

"Yea, sure. This idiot here almost died." Tsukishima pointed at the setter, using his thumb. "I told you to shut up!" Kageyama responded angrily, his raging eyes meeting the blonde's calm, golden pupils. 

Tsukishima smirked in response.

"A- anyway! They're putting on a firework show before they close the park. Sh- shall we watch that?" Yamaguchi stuttered, trying to ease the tension. 

"Yes! Let's go!" Yachi exclaimed, running straight ahead, pulling Yamaguchi along with her. Tsukishima followed behind. As for Kageyama...

His body didn't move. 

His eyes were fixed on the ground. Kageyama felt like he could move his body but, it didn't allow him to. The only movement his body allowed was the motion of his nails digging deeper into his skin due to his clenched fists.

"Make me."

Those two words replayed in the setter's head once more. Those two, idiotic, annoying, ear-raping words. Who does he think he is? Tsukishima's snarky comments and reactions annoy him, it annoys everyone! It's irritating, he's-

"King?" 

"Hm?" Kageyama lifted his head to meet the pair of golden eyes infront of him as his body loosened up. His fists were no longer clenched, just relaxed. Kageyama no longer felt frozen or tight. His body finally allowed himself to move. 

"Are you cold?" Tsukishima walked towards the blue-eyed boy.

"Wh- what makes you think that?"

"Your face is pink again," he placed the back of his right hand against Kageyama's forehead, his eyes also fixed on the setter's forehead too. 

Kageyama's surroundings turned ink black and once again, his only view was Tsukishima. The raven-haired boy's eyes were still gazing into Tsukishima's striking golden eyes. He has never experienced something like this before. The feeling of time slowing down, the feeling of your stomach performing cartwheels, the feeling of your heart rapidly pounding.

Something that only triggered when Tsukishima was around.

Once again, he admired Tsukishima's features. His sharp collarbone, thin eyebrows. His body proportions were perfect. Although the firework show hadn't even started yet...