Chapter 5: Haunted house

It's been atleast an hour since the group arrived at the amusement park. They rode a few rides and  even went to a few game stalls. Rollercoasters, water rides, mirror mazes, duck fishing games - you name it! Tsukishima didn't move much, he sat out of most of the rides the others rode or the games they played.

"So? What should we do now?" Yamaguchi asked excitedly, fingers intertwined with Yachi, while the female blonde slowly chewed the cotton candy she held in her hand. 

"I'm hungry." Kageyama replied, while, Tsukishima looked around at his surroundings.

"Let's go there." Tsukishima suggested, pointing at the haunted house to which Yachi let out a loud, ear-piercing shriek, dropping her half-eaten cotton candy on the ground, letting go of her boyfriend's hands. "

W-w.. th-the.. sk-skull.." She stuttered, her trembling fingers pointed at the fake, large skull which rested upon the top of the building. Yachi's skin had turned into a pale white colour, almost like a ghost. Meanwhile, Yamaguchi turned around, his eyes and legs quivering. Was he cold?

No, he was frantically searching for another ride or attraction.

"There! Let's go there instead!" Yamaguchi took hold of Yachi's hands, dragging her towards the large metal, tent-shaped figure, decorated in white and beige, covered with many luminous, glowing lights. The couple ran away from the salty duo.

"The carousel..?" The blue-eyed boy whispered, staring at the couple.

"Well, I guess it's just me and you, king." Tsukishima spoke, walking towards the queue for the haunted house. 

"Oh umm... yea." Kageyama's face faded into a soft, pink blush.

°˖✧✿✧˖°

Kageyama and the beanpole were now in the queue for the haunted house. The queue moved quite fast. They were 14th in line, 12th...9th... 4th. For some odd reason, Kageyama's hands were shaking. Was he nervous? cold? The breeze was still chilly after all. Or could it be? Was he...

Scared?

"Oi, king."

"Huh?" Kageyama turned his head to face Tsukishima. Slowly, his body turned to face the blonde too.

Tsukishima lightly took hold of the setter's jittering right hand and gently rested the back of Kageyama's hand against his lips, placing it under his nose, closing his eyes. Kageyama could feel Tsukishima inhaling the inodorous scent of his hand.

Time felt like it had stopped.

Kageyama's surroundings went pitch black, his only view was the tall blonde male infront of him. Tsukishima seemed calm, relaxed. Kageyama admired the middle blocker's facial features. His sharp jawline, sharp nose, smooth skin, round eyes...

His delicate lips.

"Are you scared?" Tsukishima asked, pulling Kageyama's hand away from his mouth area as his golden eyes locked onto Kageyama's blue eyes. Tsukishima's hand were still wrapped around the setter's fingers tightly, not showing any signs of letting go.

"Wh- what? N-no..." Kageyama stuttered, the blush on his face becoming even more obvious.

"We can still back out if you want." He offered, as the line moved forward. 

They were now 3rd in line.

"I'm okay." Kageyama pulled his hand away from Tsukishima's grasp, stuffing them in his coat pockets as the blonde watched him. His surroundings were no longer a black abyss. 

"I'm okay now." The setter concluded, keeping his eyes, face and body facing straight ahead. 

"Hm. Your face is pink, king." Kageyama turned his head to face Tsukishima, only to be greeted with his signature sly smirk. "Shut up. It's cold okay?" he replied, turning his head to face forward once again.

"Mhm. yea, whatever you say, king~" Tsukishima teased, facing his body forward as well.

"Alright, you two can enter." The employee infront of the duo spoke, gesturing his hands, leading the pair to the entrance of the haunted house.

They both nodded and entered the pitch-black building.