Chapter 16: Missing you

Kageyama arrived at school, making his journey to his locker, then, his first class. It's been a day since his misunderstanding with Tsukishima. He's been meaning to talk to the blonde about it, but he's too much of a coward, and he hated himself for that. 

Then, it was his third class. He shared this class with Tsukishima, but to his surprise, he was a no-show. The teacher assigned pair work today and let the students pick their partners. Usually, he'd work with Tsukishima, as they both only knew each other out of the class, and hated talking to other people that they didn't know. Although they'd argue most of the times, it was better than socializing with others. Unfortunately, since Tsukishima was absent, he was assigned an unknown classmate as his partner.

Then, lunch came and, the setter still had a tiny speck of hope. So, he went to the same spot Tsukishima goes to during lunch whenever he sat alone. And obviously, he wasn't there either. Kageyama's assumption of the middle blocker being late was wrong. In the end, he ended up sitting with Hinata and they both rambled on about volleyball. 

Now, it was time to go home. Kageyama walked home alone, his head facing down, as he strolled along the pavement. Hunger grew in his stomach, so, when he got home, he checked his fridge for anything to munch on... and there was nothing.

"I can cook for you whenever you need me to."

Suddenly, those 10 words Tsukishima spoke appeared in the setter's brain. He froze, staring into his empty fridge, as negative thoughts crowded his brain.

"Did he skip school because of me?"

"Shit, I fucked up."

"Does he still love me?"

"I didn't mean to say those things!"

"I miss you..."

He missed him. Kageyama definitely missed him a bunch. Even though his sister was at college in a whole different country, even though he hasn't seen his parents in weeks, even though his family members rarely visits him...

He missed Tsukishima the most.

Without realising, a singular tear drop rolled down his cheek. The feeling of hunger vanished, as the thoughts of Tsukishima stole them away. He wanted to see him again, he wanted to say sorry, he wanted to be loved by him once more...

But how?

It has now been two days since the incident between him and Tsukishima. He lost hope, starting to believe that Tsukishima was better off without him, and drifting away for good. School had just ended, meaning, they'd have volleyball practice today. 

He walked into the gym to find some of his teammates already practicing. He quickly got changed, and when he got out of the gym room, he saw the first year couple entering the gym as well. Yachi left to go do manager stuff with Kiyoko. So, Kageyama took that as a chance and ran towards the green-haired boy.

"Yamaguchi!" He called out.

"Hm? Kageyama? What's wrong?" He turned to face the setter.

"Do you know why Tsukishima isn't at school today?"

"Tsukki? No, have you tried texting him? He isn't replying to my texts either..."

"Ah, really?"

"Mhm. Well, you know, Tsukishima isn't the type to skip school unless he has no other choice. So, it makes me sort of worried."

"Me too..." The raven-haired boy thought to himself.

"Kageyama!" A voice exclaimed, snapping the setter out of his thoughts.