Chapter 18: Hate

A/N - Istg Tsukikage fanart is so adorable I'm gonna cry😭😭

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Kageyama was now at the gymnasium for volleyball practice along with his teammates. And yes, that included Tsukishima Kei. To make things even worse, Coach Ukai and Coach Takeda made Kageyama and Tsukishima practice their special attack against future opponents. Since spring qualifiers are coming soon, they had no time to waste.

Smash!

Tsukishima sent the volleyball out of bounds. He stared at the other side of the court while catching his breath. "One more time," he uttered, heading back to the same position for Kageyama to set the ball again. Once Tsukishima was ready, the setter tossed the volleyball, causing Tsukishima to run and spike it once more.

Smash!

"How was that? Was the toss high enough? Should I adjust anything?" Kageyama questioned the middle blocker. However, Tsukishima didn't respond, as he watched the volleyball bounce from the other side of the court. Instead, the blonde glared at the raven, rolling his eyes, then, heading back to the same spot like before. Kageyama took this as a signal that Tsukishima wanted to spike once more. He did not argue, nor, did he utter a single word. Instead, the setter also positioned himself at the same spot where he has been constantly tossing the ball nonstop. 

"Ukai-sensei, don't you think that Kageyama and Tsukishima aren't talking much today?" Coach Takeda started. "What do you mean? Aren't they always like that?" Coach Ukai asked, confused. "I know... but, they're not insulting each other like usual. Is it just me?" Coach Takeda observed the salty and sour duo from afar. Coach Ukai followed, observing the pair with his arms crossed, but his mind wandered off to nowhere. "Yep, probably just you-"

SMASH!

Although there were many volleyballs being tossed around, this 'smash' noise stood out from the rest, immediately infiltrating everyone's ears. The coaches, along with everyone in the room, fixed their gaze to the source of the piercing sound. Tsukishima eyed the volleyball (that Kageyama tossed) which was now rolling away from him. 

It wasn't even a toss, it was a throw. 

Instead of tossing the volleyball up in the air, Kageyama threw the volleyball straight to the ground. The volleyball rolled swiftly past the blonde, and hit coach Ukai's white-black nike shoes, causing it to stop rolling. This action angered the blonde, causing a blazing flame to emerge in Tsukishima's golden eyes. 

"What's your problem?" Tsukishima yelled at the setter, to which, Kageyama did not respond. Instead, he brushed past the blonde, walking towards the coaches, keeping a stoic expression plastered on his face.

"Coach Ukai, may I speak with Tsukishima alone, for awhile? please?" The raven-haired boy pleaded, causing the two coaches eyes to widen, and Tsukishima's eyebrows to furrow.

"Huh? Oh- um, y-yea. You don't mind that, do you, Takeda-sensei?" Coach Ukai stuttered, while fixing his gaze towards the shorter coach. "Wh-what? Oh! U-um y-yea, go ahead!" Coach Takeda agreed. The setter lowered his head as a sign of gratitude. He turned his body to the direction of the middle blocker, walking towards him. 

"What's up with you?" Kageyama did not reply. Instead, he grabbed Tsukishima's wrist, dragging him out of the gymnaisum. "Oi, where are we going?" Were the last words Tsukishima spoke before his voice faded away from their teammates ears.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"Oi, king."

"What is it?"