Spike

Once they were inside the arena, Jiang Cheng drawled out another long-exasperated sigh

Once they were inside the arena, Jiang Cheng drawled out another long-exasperated sigh. His martial brother and his future brother a.k.a headache-in-law were driving him nuts. They wouldn't let him take a damn breather from witnessing their lovey-dovey display of affection for each other, clinging to one another like it was their last chance to survive.

Okay, perhaps he was exaggerating a little since the couple were simply walking side by side while their eyes never left each other but it still irked him to the maximum.

"Shameless couple. Honestly." He said under his breath with disdain, shaking his head at them as the rest of the group pretended that they did not see anything unusual albeit the knowing smirks painted their faces.

"Where are the Feral Ghost Targets?" One Shidi asked. His eyes darted around the area, looking for the possessed life-sized paper mannequins that they were supposed to shoot at.

"You think they would stand here welcoming you? You must be dreaming," another said, laughing at the younger Shidi.

"Even if you see one right away, can you even differentiate the right ones and the fake ones?" A third junior chimed in.

Xiao Zhan turned to face them and clapped twice, drawing everyone's attention towards himself. "Alright everyone. Let's look for them. We are going to split up into two groups now."

Jiang Cheng raised his brow at the head disciple's command, "Split how?"

Lan Xichen, who was unintentionally tagging along with them since his younger brother was insistent to stick with his beloved partner, shook his head with a grin. He patted Lan Wangji on the shoulder and nodded at Xiao Zhan. "See you two later then."

Jiang Cheng got the gist and immediately scoffed, "You mean the two of you form one group and the rest of us will form the other."

"Yep." Xiao Zhan confirmed with a brief nod.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, running a hand through his bangs, and tugging at them roughly before continuing to speak in an irritated tone, "This is not the time to-"

"Jiang Cheng, can you keep up with us?" Xiao Zhan cut him off. He directed his eyes to the other juniors, conveying the same question through his eyes. The younger ones understood and shook their head in an instance.

Xiao Zhan grinned widely as Jiang Cheng's face pinched into an expression that resembled constipation before the later spoke with resigned tone, "Whatever. Just remember that this is a competition between the clans."

"Oh, I know that, and I have zero intention to lose." Xiao Zhan said as he turned around, leaving with Lan Wangji like a flash of lightning after saying, "Good luck everyone!"

The Yunmeng Jiang's disciples looked at one another before shrugging their shoulders and continuing their search. They had long acknowledged that their head disciple was way ahead of their league, and he was very capable of winning the competition even if he was alone.