Just a teenager

"I object!" An angry voice came from entrance.

Speak of the devil and he shall come. Jiang Cheng stormed past the crowd and angrily stopped in front of Jiang Fengmian. He glared at Xiao Zhan like he was going to murder him and yelled in outrage. "Father, how can you do this to me?!"

Jiang Fengmian remained calm. "A-Cheng, you're here."

Xiao Zhan however was the opposite of calm. He was tempted to pull his hair out due to the tensions that he was currently having. He whispered to Lan Wangji, "Why is he here?"

Ah, this is going to be the death of me. Another family drama

Lan Wangji answered in low voice while sending his icy glare towards Jiang Cheng's direction, "Your Uncle sent a letter to Gusu"

"That's not fair! This is completely unfair!" Jiang Cheng shouted.

Yes, I agree. It is unfair! For me too!

Xiao Zhan did not want to get involved in this drama. Should he wake up the next day, maybe he could have avoided all this screaming and family feud. He just wanted to have one peaceful day. Just one.

Jiang Cheng turned to Xiao Zhan and screamed in fury, "How can you do this! You've been plotting this behind my back, right? How long is it already?!"

Wait, what?

Xiao Zhan narrowed his eyes at Jiang Cheng and pointed at himself, "Me? You are blaming me?"

"A-Cheng, do not be disrespectful!" Jiang Fengmian reprimanded. "You will come to understand after the time passes."

Jiang Cheng started to shout until Jiang Fengmian cut him off yet again. "No! Father! This doesn't make any sense! You can't just-"

"Be quiet Jiang Cheng!" Jiang Fengmian ordered sternly. "This is an official decision made by elders. Not mine alone."

Jiang Cheng yelled furiously. "Mother was right! You never treated me like a son! First, you made me gave my dogs away for him! Then you kicked my mother out of the clan! Now, you make him a leader?! Are you going to throw me out too? Admit it Father, Wei Wuxian is the son you need! Not me!"

Everyone started to whisper among themselves while glancing at each other.

Xiao Zhan laughed bitterly and muttered to himself, as he tried his best to hold on to his sanity as he mumbled to himself, "Oh Heavens, what sin did I do in the past to deserve this? I really need a break from all this."

Jian Yanli tried to intervene. "A-Cheng, you don't understand. It's not A-xian's fault. Mother was banished because..."

She couldn't bring herself to say the rest of the sentence. Jiang Cheng interrupted her angrily. "Because? What?!"

Frustration crinkled Jiang Yanli's wet eyes, "Because she insulted us both."

"What!? Just because of that?" Jiang Cheng roared in rage. "She did that every day! Why is it a sin now?"

He pointed at Xiao Zhan accusingly. "That idiot must be the one who riled her up! Like how he always did! Why didn't you stop it then? Did you forget who your real brother is now?"

Jiang Yanli pressed her lips in a straight line. Her tears began to run down her cheeks. "A-Cheng, you are! You are my brother. I tried but I couldn't."

"Why can't you protect me then? Why are you so weak? Is crying the only thing you can do?" He demanded. His tone was aggressive and loud.

Seeing Jiang Yanli started sobbing, Xiao Zhan expression hardened as he was seething with anger from his seat. Glaring daggers at Jiang Cheng, he warned, "Jiang Cheng! Do not talk to Shijie like that!"