7 days of hell

Lan Wangji had always disliked Jiang Wanyin. He never understood why Wei Ying would still treat that short-tempered disrespectful person fairly well when Wei Ying knew in the future, Jiang Wanyin might be the very cause of his own demise.

Despite that, the suggestions that came out from that son of Jiang sect leader were quite pleasing to hear. That was the only reason he did not let Wei Ying acted out in violence against his own martial brother and that would be the last time he would prevent it.

"Why are you stopping me?" Xiao Zhan grouched. He really wanted to knock some sense into that traitorous rascal with his fiery kicks.

"We have to oversee others too." Lan Wangji urgently turned him to the opposite direction and ushered him to go forward. He casted a quick glance at both frozen rigid boys while he held on to the fussing Wei Ying tight. Both of them heaved a huge sigh of relief as the scary pair got further away from the view.

Xiao Zhan attempted to wiggle out the iron grip, he voiced his dissatisfaction, "This is unjust. You are giving unfair treatment, second Young Master Lan. How come you are not reciting your precious rules now? Hey! Lan Zhan! Are you listening? Lan Zhan!"

"..." Lan Wangji pretended not to hear those words. He did not know how to explain his embarrassing reasons of letting Jiang Wanyin go.

When they were far enough, Xiao Zhan finally managed to free himself. He grumbled, "Fine. Ignore me. See if I will talk to you after this."

Lan Wangji had sworn to live without regret, but at the moment, he had already one regret. Perhaps it would be better if he just let Wei Ying do whatever he wanted earlier. He did not even care if that Jiang Wanyin got roughen up or battered to the bones. He could even go back and do it if Wei Ying wanted it. He asked with an innocent face, "Should I finish him?"

Xiao Zhan, "No need. It is too late for that."

Unable to feel relieved yet, Lan Wangji tried changing the course of their conversation, "Do you want to eat spicy food?"

"Are you trying to pacify me with food?" Xiao Zhan gasped loudly with disbelief.

Who would have thought that this person would try to bribe his way out of the argument with such method? Who thought him this? Urgh that Zewu-Jun is teaching his naive brother nonsense thing.

Lan Wangji justified, "You seemed like you like food a lot."

"I do... Hey, is this another trick of yours?" Xiao Zhan impulsively slapped his arm.

"...trick?" Lan Wangji flinched. Although he fought with Wei Ying all the time with his sword, he never got hit like this. He had never played any trick on Wei Ying or anyone in his lifetime. He would never. His face was the utterances of bewilderment.

"Did I hit too hard?" Xiao Zhan said, while patting the part he just smacked. "Sorry, it was an old habit. People playfully hit each other when they are close."

Lan Wangji chose not to ask on that matter as he knew he probably might not like the answers. "We can go for a meal after this training is over. My treat."

"Really? I can't wait to eat then." Xiao Zhan started to hum cheerfully at the thought of food varieties that he wanted to try at the town. He recited those long list of delicacies as they walked. Just like that, Xiao Zhan had forgotten about wanting to beat the crap out of Jiang Cheng. Food never failed. Lan Wangji engraved that fact in his heart.

On the fifth day of the hellish regiments, the accumulated curses directed at 'Wei Wuxian' could fill up the stairs of Koi Tower from top to bottom. Wei Wuxian was a fierce and perfectionist beast when it came to training. It was three hours on the first day which then followed by long session full with harsh criticisms on their individual skills and revelations on their flaws by that tyrannical Young Master Wei. The second day, he increased the sparring to five hours and spent the day going around each team correcting their stances and techniques. He did not hesitate to cuss at them when they couldn't do it right and the second Young Master Lan chose to turn a deaf ear in that matter. Another hour added for each day passed. Since then, the arduous regime went for the whole eight hours with only one hour break in between. The training intensity only got harder and harder. At random picks, they would face blitz attacks from the undiscriminatingly violent pair of trainers without any notice. Sometimes, they became the test subjects to Wei Wuxian weird creations of talismans and tools. Due to those unpredictable trials and timings, some disciples ended up sleeping while hugging their swords at night for being too hypervigilant.