Embrace

Lan Wangji was not expecting that the kiss would make him feel like he just fell into another world entirely. Everything seemed to stop and the only sound he heard was the beating of his heart as everything around him came crashing down in one big crash of emotions. For a moment he didn't even know what he was feeling or doing. All he wanted was to hold Wei Ying close to him and never let go again. He wanted to protect the man from any harm and keep him safe at all costs. He wanted so badly to tell the other that he'd never leave his side. He wanted to tell him that he would do anything for him and that he would do whatever it took to keep Wei Ying smiling.

Xiao Zhan was still a little dazed from the kiss. It had felt like an electric shock to his system that left him shaking. It was not his first kiss but yet it felt like it was. In his previous experiences, he never felt this kind of dizzying and intensive aftereffects. He pressed his forehead against Lan Wangji's, as he closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. He needed to calm down; he shouldn't be getting this worked up over a kiss. Or kisses. He looked through his eyelashes, meeting the once light-colored eyes which almost engulfed with the dark pupil which seemed to be staring at him vacantly. He asked softly, "What are you thinking about?"

It snapped Lan Wangji out of his thoughts and brought him back to the present time. Lan Wangji wasn't the kind of person who could show his feelings openly but somehow this was different. He blinked once and then said, "You."

"What about me?" Xiao Zhan lips set into a smile.

The smile made Lan Wangji want to smile too. He murmured, "It can't be anyone but you."

Xiao Zhan's eyes widened for a second, wondering if it was a coincidence. He opened his mouth to respond but the words were stuck in his throat, unable to come out.

Lan Wangji noticed his lack of reply and he frowned slightly, "What's wrong?"

Xiao Zhan didn't want to ruin the moment so he just shook his head lightly as he mumbled, "Nothing."

Lan Wangji pulled back to get a good look at his face, "Wei Ying, those words were yours. Did you mean them?"

Xiao Zhan blinked hard, although he remembered kissing Lan Wangji in his sleep that night, he did not recall spouting those lines, "What did I say?"

"You said—" Lan Wangji closed his eyes, the trace of disappointment was obvious in his expression. His voice was barely audible, but it was clear enough as he recited the words he heard, "I like you. Fancy you—"

Xiao Zhan gasped and immediately stopped him with a hand covering Lan Wangji's lips. The line in between the creases of Lan Wangji's brows deepened and he pondered the meaning behind of his reactions.

Xiao Zhan gradually lowered his palm while looking sheepishly at him. He realized that he just made a blunder, he could only mutter a word, "Sorry."

Lan Wangji loosened up his embrace and took a step back as he was deeply bothered by this and a feeling unlike a physical ache settling in his chest. His hands remained on Xiao Zhan's, but they moved to hold him firmly on the hips. He stared at him intensely through his hooded eyes, as he tried to take in the whole picture, "Wei Ying, who do you take me for?"

Xiao Zhan nibbled on his lower lips. He could feel the slight tremors from long fingers that were gripping on his tender flesh. He couldn't say anything. Instead, he reached out a hand and lightly caressed Lan Wangji's cheek with his thumb to alleviate the anxiousness that was apparent on his face, as he took a brief moment to find the answer to the question.

When Xiao Zhan first came to this world, he indeed liked him from the moment he laid his eyes on him, but it was because he was comfortable and familiar with him. They had mutual trust and Lan Wangji was a dependable ally. He never thought that he would be involved romantically with Lan Wangji but the more time he spent with the second Jade of Lan, he gradually became more and more smitten, and he could no longer think straight. Age was becoming a vague concept that he no longer gave a damn, the longer he lived as an adolescent. At the present, he could not deny that the person that was embracing him tightly, had taken over his heart and his mind. He was absolutely gratified knowing that there was someone as perfect as Lan Wangji, who cared about him to an infinite extent and loved him unconditionally. He knew that he was acting like a juvenile but if he was honest with himself, he had already decided when Lan Wangji kissed him the first time, that he wanted this to continue forever. As he reached into that conclusion, he leaned forward and curled his arms around Lan Wangji's neck, pulling him into a kiss as an answer.