Fury

Lan Wangji left the pavilion with heavy steps, but he got some tasks to complete now. Xue Yang had already woken up by the time he entered the boy's room. He made sure the boy freshened up and dressed up properly. Xue Yang's superficial injuries had already fully healed, and the boy looked adorable in his black and grey outfit that Wei Ying picked out for him when they were in Jiang Zhou. His right hand spotted a custom-made black leather glove, and his hair was up in a high ponytail. All in all, the ensemble was in similar fashion with his brother Wei, and he looked like a mini version of him.

"Lan Zhan!"

Lan Wangji felt like his heart was beating out of his chest, he looked over at the door where Wei Ying was running from. His lips immediately turned upwards, and he walked up to the sunshine bright person. "What happened?"

Xiao Zhan silver pair of eyes sparkled like jewel and his cheeks were brushed with pinkish rouge from all the running he did. Smiling widely at him, Xiao Zhan threw himself towards Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji caught him as quickly as he could, afraid that Wei Ying could trip or lose his balance and accidentally hurt himself.

Xiao Zhan wrapped his arm around Lan Wangji's neck as he chuckled, "Nothing happened. I am just happy to see you again."

Holding his partner by the waist, Lan Wangji looked at him quizzically, "Wei Ying, you saw me an hour ago."

Xiao Zhan just grinned, "Was it only an hour?"

Lan Wangji nodded slightly. Finally feeling shy for giving into his uncontrollable state of mind, Xiao Zhan pulled away. "I guess you are right!

"Brother, how about me?" Xue Yang tugged Xiao Zhan's sleeve.

Xiao Zhan squatted down and rubbed his head, "Xue Yang! Of course, I am thrilled to see you too! Did you sleep well?"

"Yes! I've been sleeping very well since I met you." Xue Yang grinned before pulling on Xiao Zhan's sleeve once more. Xiao Zhan couldn't help but smile fondly and hugged Xue Yang for a minute. He let Xue Yang go and grabbed his arm instead. "Xue Yang, you know I have to go back to Gusu soon, right? But I won't leave until I am sure you are going to be okay here. I will come back to see you before you know it."

Xue Yang was startled with the sudden embrace, but the gesture of affection made his heart felt warm. For as long as he remembered, no one held him in their arms like this. However, he understood that he could not cling onto this kind brother or hold him back. Also, everyone he met in this place so far treated him nicely and they welcomed him with open arms. It was a life that he once thought impossible to achieve but it was happening now. He looked up with a happy expression, "I know. You don't really need to worry about me, brother."

Xiao Zhan was relieved to hear that. He adjusted the boy's collars while asking, "How do you find this place so far?"

Xue Yang's dimples on his cheeks deepened, his canine was showing. He thought for a couple second before answering mischievously, "That depends on how good the breakfast is."

"You little brat." Xiao Zhan pinched both the boy's cheeks, "Don't worry, I will make sure you will have your food every day, no matter what happens."

"Okay, okay. Can we go eat now brother?" Xue Yang rubbed his cheeks.

The three of them walked together towards the dining hall afterwards, their hearts were full of spring blooms.

"Da Shixiong!"

"Young Master Wei."

The disciples and servants greeted them with respect and warmth, some waved and some bowed to Xiao Zhan. Everyone was chatting away happily while eating their meals and laughing in between.