What is composure?

Lan Wangji grabbed Xiao Zhan's wrist; he was rather puzzled with Xiao Zhan's unusual reaction. He asked worriedly, "Wei Ying, tell me what's wrong?"

Xiao Zhan was unable to look at his direction, his voice was rather shaky as he replied, "Nothing. Nothing is wrong."

"You promised not to lie to me." Lan Wangji reminded him in a soft tone.

Xiao Zhan took a deep breath to calm himself down before responding, "Lan Zhan, we are outside. We should be more careful from now on."

Lan Wangji paused for a second, still keeping his grip on Xiao Zhan's, he asked earnestly, "Is it okay if we're inside then?"

Xiao Zhan blinked rapidly at him, unsure of how to respond, "Well... Yes... but—"

Before Xiao Zhan could finish his sentence, Lan Wangji had already dragged him back into his place and closed the door. He stood between Xiao Zhan and the door before turning to face him, and as he did, Lan Wangji could see Xiao Zhan's face was getting even redder from all the blood that rushing to his head. He tried to hide it behind his hands but Lan Wangji caught them before they reached their destination, bringing Xiao Zhan closer so that they would face each other.

Xiao Zhan looked up at him, his heart beating rapidly and his palms sweaty. He muttered, trying to pull away again, "I need to go."

Lan Wangji's hold on his wrists got tighter causing Xiao Zhan to step backwards slightly. He said sternly, "Not until you tell me why are you acting this way."

The last thing he wanted to do right now was to be in the same room with the person that caused the heat of desire coursing through his body. It wasn't fair that he couldn't have control over his own feelings, especially since all he could think about was how badly he wanted to kiss those damned lips. All he wanted was for melt in the warmth of his embrace and feeling those lips travelled on his necks. He couldn't help the heat that spread across his cheeks and ears, he was certain that the tips of his ears were burning like mad. He swallowed thickly and tried to find the words he needed to tell him. After several moments he managed to form coherent sentences, "We need to restrain ourselves. Remember?"

Lan Wangji didn't move, instead, he just stared at the man in front of him. His expression was unreadable. Xiao Zhan felt like he would burst if he stayed here any longer. He cleared his throat and continued, "Maybe we need to step back a little..."

This is bad.

Xiao Zhan paused, he tried to take a deep breath but found that his body refused to cooperate. Instead, he started mumbling again. "I think... You and I shouldn't act on our feelings for now."

For God's sake! Stop doing things that make my mind go crazy! Stop being so attractive! Stop making everything else around us disappear!

To his surprise, Lan Wangji didn't release his hold on him or speak a word. Instead, he swiftly captured Xiao Zhan's lips with his own. Xiao Zhan could hear his heartbeat pounding in his ears while he felt his knees giving out beneath him. Lan Wangji's hand moved from his wrist to the back of his neck gently pulling him closer to deepen the kiss.

This is really bad! Where did my pure innocent Lan Wangji disappear to??

Xiao Zhan's hand fisted his robes tightly to try and ground himself but soon found that he was no match for Lan Wangji's strength as they stumbled backwards into the wall behind them.

...What is this? This feels like a cliché plot in romantic drama!

That was when all his senses were clouded yet again and he responded. They kissed until neither of them could take it anymore. When they broke apart, the second Jade started trailing kisses along the side of Xiao Zhan's neck leaving him even more breathless.