Black Out

Lan Wangji's light golden eyes were definitely enchanting, but the beauty of it did not make those pair of eyes any less fierce looking as he wore such intense gaze. He mumbled, "Demonic cultivation?"

Xiao Zhan flinched slightly at his sharp scrutiny before he exhaled a heavy breath, "Young Master Lan, please do not look at me like you are intending to end my life. I am just stating the facts and have no parts whatsoever in making that happen. I do not intend to walk the same path anyway. For your information, I am a simple human being who prefers to live a simple and long life."

Lan Wangji dropped his gaze as he uttered, "Understood."

"Good." Xiao Zhan said with a smile. He then made himself busy with one of many scrolls beside his table, it was a scroll related to sword techniques. A passing thought came in Xiao Zhan's mind upon reading the texts.

Wait, this is... I need to try this!

"Lan Zhan, catch!" Xiao Zhan lightly threw Suibian to Lan Wangji's direction without warning. Lan Wangji was surprised but with his swift reflex, the sword ended up in his tight grip.

"What are you doing?" Lan Wangji glowered.

"I am just testing a theory." Xiao Zhan shrugged his shoulder as he spoke in a laidback manner, "Now, do me a favor. Pull the sword out."

"..." Lan Wangji did not press further and just humored Xiao Zhan's request. To his surprise, the sword did not budge from the safety of it sheath. Not by a tiny bit.

Xiao Zhan for sure did not anticipate this turn of event and let out soft gasp of realization. He pondered, rubbing his chin in silence for a couple minutes.

In the novel, the sword was said to seal itself after Wei Wuxian's death in burial mound and no one else except his reincarnated body, Mo Xuan Yu and Jiang Cheng who possessed his Golden core, could pull it out from the scabbard. Does this mean that the sword already starts sealing itself even earlier on? It would only acknowledge Wei Wuxian as the sole wielder.

Xiao Zhan asked a question that he already knew the answer, "Did you really try it?"

"I did." Lan Wangji passed the sword back to him in a quick motion as he declared, "The sword has sealed itself."

Xiao Zhan caught it and immediately unsheathed Suibian. As usual, he could.

Wow! It really did seal itself...

Lan Wangji made an appraisal on the situation, "This is a very uncommon occurrence even among those with exceptionally high cultivation level. A sword-sealing really means that no one else can unsheathe it. It is a rare for a sword being in tune with its chosen wielder."

Xiao Zhan just nodded his head, still astonished by the fact. "Right..."

"It seems like your sword trust you as its owner, Wei Ying." Lan Wangji said solemnly. It appeared to him that he was right about the youth in front of him and the 'previous' Wei Wuxian were the same person after all. The sword just proved that.

Seriously, what is happening? I thought anyone can pull it out at the early stage. Is it purely because of the body? But doesn't the soul make the owner of the body? Isn't the body just the vessel? Am I still Xiao Zhan or am I, Wei Wuxian who has amnesia and delusions of future? Okay, that sounded like a whole load of crap! And holy shit, this headache is killing me! Perhaps I used too much of this brain power after all.

Xiao Zhan did not know what to believe anymore. The more he tried to think, the more confused he became. The more confused he was, the more intense the pain in his skull grew. At one point, his head started to throb with unbearable kind of agony that made him groan loudly. Palming his head in an attempt to alleviate the pain, he felt heat surging from his core, and he felt like hot lava was flowing in his vein causing him to collapse on the ground, writhing restlessly due to the overwhelming torture. He felt like his head was going to explode.