Chapter 90

Erika POV
The coffee shop was in full boom as always. I took people orders and did the cashier. It was finally my break. I was in the back taking off my apron when I began to hear yelling then silence. Worried I tried calling the police what if there's a thief. I looked through the back window door to see men in black.

The call wouldn't go through but as the guy in front of the black suited men turned. I dropped my phone in shock. He held a gun in his hand and the same authority since I last saw him. He looked more muscular, and scarier. How did he find me? I could take the back door I thought until the door opened with Ryan standing there. I silently pleaded for him to not hand me over.

He slowly shook his head telling me to turn and walk out. We went through the door moving past the corner blocking us. The tension and terror got worse as he noticed me. My hands shook but I kept my face cold as stone.

His eyes didn't hold the scary crazy in-love look just dark like a bottomless pit of nothing. "Wife" he smiled. My body stiffened hearing that term. He still held the gun pointing at my manager. "Let him go" I ordered clenching my fist. "You think you get to make demands" he growled. "Kill these people" he ordered his men. I went close holding my arms out blocking the group of people to the left of me.

"I will go with you just leave everyone alone". One of his men threw my manger on the ground. Joe stalked up in front of me leaving no space between us.He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into his chest. He smelled my neck breathe making my hairs spike. He gave a soft kiss lingering his face in my neck. "You smell different" he said sharply. I suck in a deep breath looking away "You're going with me either way" he whispered.

He pushed me in front of him and I stumbled catching myself. However, I couldn't just go back with him without putting up a fight. I turned around moving my knee towards Joe's middle region. He stop me gripping my knee spinning me around. I felt a large hand grip my hair making reach back. My head tilted up as he dragged me to the car. "Kara" I heard Daniel my manger yell out.Joe closed the door and Ryan got in. 

"Kara" Joe saids with amusement. I sat close by the door with my head down. "You gave him a fake name. I would think after killing the other two guys you were whoring around with you would learn not to get involved with anyone other than your husband" he stared.

I didn't respond too scared to match his revolting gaze. "ANSWER ME. YOU HAVE BEEN GONE FOR FIVE FUCKING YEARS, MI AMORE, I'M NOT THE SAME MAN YOU USE TO KNOW. THE MAN YOU LEFT DIED ON THAT NIGHT HIS DONNA LEFT HIM." he screamed.

My eyes were wide and could no longer hold the tears that rushed out. I was frightened and this new Joe seemed to be on another level. Looking at the way the car was going my throat began to close up. We're going home where everyone was I couldn't take anyone getting hurt. Or worse.

I grabbed at his arm "Please, please.... don't go there. I'm ready to go home. Yea, let's go home now" I said with pleading eyes desperate for him not to meet his son. Joe's eyes twinkled with hidden meaning and his lips curled. He laid his hand on my cheek looking down on me. "Begging will do nothing for you. You think I just came for you? I came for my heir. I need to see our son. The child you took from me".

I leaned back in my seat pinching my hands. The car stopped and I looked at our houses. If Lydia stays in the house they won't find him. Joe pulled my arm from the car and we went up the walkway. "You know I know you had to make your money but you left our son alone. What a bad mother you are".

He kicked in the door to see no noise coming from the house. He looked in every room while I stood by the doorway. I won't ever tell him where Conrad is. Joe came stomping downstairs with a dark expression. "Tell me where the fuck is my son" he growled.

"Sir, should we check with neighbors. One of them would have to see Donna and the child" one of his men asked. I look to the man then Joe. I tried to hide my frightened expression even though five years had passed. He still knows all my expressions knowing when I lied. He knew I was scared. Scared of knowing where our son was. He smiled going outside as I followed him. He headed to Anthony's home and I tried stopping him. I pulled on his arm but he shook me off.

His men broke into the house. I could hear screaming. When I got inside the house Lydia was holding Conrad. They both looked terrified and Conrad was crying. "He looks like me" Joe said in a soft tone. Joe grabbed Conrad out of Lydia's arms. He cried trying to get out of his grip and once he could fully see me. He called for me stretching his arms out for me.

Joe gave him to me and stared at us in silence. Like solving a piece of a puzzle."This is what I missed," he said. He guiding us out. Forcing us in to the car and spoke with one of his men. As we drove off I saw Anthony's car coming up the street. I would never see him or be as family. Together again.