Chapter 84

Erika POV
*Ding Dong
I played with my fingers waiting for the door bell to open. A girl with long black hair answered the door. She looked me up and down making me squirm. After looking at every inch of me she smiled. "ANTHONY THE BLACK GIRL IS HERE" she yelled. She let me in and the statement made my eyes wide. Face burned with slight anger.

Coming into the house I could smell the home like feeling. There were pictures along the wall and decoration. I came around the corner to a big living room and kitchen. Anthony came to me reminding me of golden retriever that Luna use to have. The girl came around me and he swatted her away.

"I'm sorry she called you that" he frowned. I nodded as he guided me to the dinning table. There was music playing and children laughing. There was a man sitting on the couch. The girl leaned against one of the dining tables and began to yell. "LAS NINA VIENEN A COMER"! I heard thumping coming down the steps and two kids came running down. The little girl looked about twelve and the boy about eight.

"Who are you" the girl asked? I looked over smiling "this is my friend Kara" Anthony explained. "Is she your girlfriend, Uncle. She's very pretty" the little boy said. I blushed and Anthony laughed. "Shh mijo" the woman said sitting the kids down. The man sat down next to the woman. Anthony leaned down and whispered into my ear. "That's my older sister Brianna and her husband James. That's her two kids. Travis and Melinda".

Anthony helped his mother with two pots and we all were seated. Travis was about to touch a spoon when Brianna swatted his hand. Anthony's mom looked at me then closed her eyes holding out her hands. I watch as everyone connected hands then I did as well.
"por favor bendice la comida que comeremos. Para nutrir nuestro cuerpo. Guárdanos del daño que pueda traer el extraño que está con nosotros. Amén" (please bless the food we shall eat. For nourishmentas for our bodies. Keep us from harm the stranger with us may bring. Amen).

Everyone let go hands and Anthony and Brianna took off the tops off the pans. Steam came from the pans making the room smell even better. Anthony plated my food while everyone else did the same. I said thank you and took my first bite. My eyes went wide and I smiled meeting Anthony's eyes. "You like it" he asked. "Yes, I've never had this before".

"Por supuesto que nunca has tenido nada de esto antes. probablemente solo coma comida blanda" Anthony Mom spoke. (of course you've never had any of this before. probably only eating bland food). "Mom English" Anthony look to her. Anthony rolled her eyes and my eyes dimmed.

"So, Anthony told me you're from New York" Brianna spoke. "Yes, born and raised" I smiled.
"Oh my gosh. I saw in a magazine that they have the best fashion shows there. Have you been?" Melinda asked. "And and I heard that there's rats as big as chickens" Travis laughed.
I began to chuckle "I think you're talking about fashion week. Yes I've been. It's extremely hectic as they say. The rats are smaller than a chicken but are still pretty big. One time one jumped on a table and took away my big slice of pizza".

Both of the kids were amazed and continued asking me questions. Brianna and Anthony seem to laugh at my explanations. Everyone seemed to enjoy my company except for Anthony's mother. After, finishing the meal Anthony walked his sister and her kids out. Leaving me alone with his mother.

"So, what exactly do you want from my child" she asked with irritated voice. "Nothing. I'm just new in town. Anthony seems like a good guy. He guided me around" I explained. "A great guy he is and he doesn't need some black girl to come mess up his life".

I rembered the same rude tone from Joe's grandmother. Flashes of the shame and judgement repeated now. Tears began to well up in my eyes. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

I bust out crying with my face in my hands. I had lost my my family and would never be able to see them. Today felt like Sunday family dinners that I would no longer be able to go to. I felt a hand on my back and I lifted my face.
"I'm sorry" Anthony mother said. She looked guilty and worried. She handed me a paper towel to wipe my face.

"Anthony has never really dated and I just got worried. I'm sorry. I know it must not be easy to move to a different state. I know it wasn't for me. Im not usually mean like this" she explained. "I..I-I'm just really scared. I promise Anthony is just someone who seems to me would be a great fiend. Nothing more. He was so helpful to me today. I didn't even know how to cook. How am I supposed to take care of a child" I blustered out.

"Youre pregnant" she asked. "Yes" I smiled. "You poor girl" Anthony mother said holding my hand. Feeling a mother touch made me tear up even more. Was it the hormones? She held out her arms and I hugged her. I missed my dad. I missed everyone. They all wanted me to have a family and now they wouldn't know I wasn't apart of one.

I heard the door opened and broke away. Anthony looked at us "what happened" he questioned. "Why didn't you tell me this child was pregnant" Anthony mom asked. "Would that have stop you from being rude to her all dinner. We spoke about this" Anthony explained. "Yes, it would have".

"Now can you explain to me why she's crying"?

**************************
Anthony cute protectiveness of Erika. Do we like it or no? What's your favorite Halloween movie? Happy OCTOBER 1!!!
Please vote and comment!