(31) PICTURE PERFECT POSE

When settlement settles well in story there comes a silence before cheers, and that silence has its own chamber in each story

Silence was prevailing in Subhashikta's house. There should be a joyful ambiance after Dikarsh was punished, but there was no sign of such ambiance as the incident of last evening had interrupted the upcoming flow of joy, in advance.

In silence suddenly a knock was heard on the door of Smriti's door. Looking at the visitors she nodded at them permitting them to come inside.

"Aunty, why are you packing your stuff?" Radhika had guessed the reason of Smriti's packing, but she chose that question as she wasn't prepared for a proper conversation.

"This question doesn't suit to an intelligent lawyer like you," Smriti looked at Radhika with a gentle smile.

"You are leaving us due to my rudeness!" Subhashikta managed to occupy the space in between Smriti and her suitcase preventing her from packing more.

"No, Subha. Your reaction was all obvious, and that wasn't rudeness at all. That was just a misconception," Subhashikta's childish action widened Smriti's smile. It was the first time she was smiling widely at Subhashikta's actions rather than flashing a non humorous expression.

"Then why are you leaving, Smriti?" Yashika too didn't want to let Smirti leave.

"I am leaving, because I have to leave now. The reason of my stay had been over. I fulfilled the unuttered promise I had made to Nityank," Smirti cleared her reason of leaving.

"You had promised to protect his family, right?" Yashika's intention of convincing Smirti was all evident in her words.

"If you leave then all of us will suffer from grief of losing you and guilt of not loving you in the way you deserve," Radhika held Smirti's hands in tears.

"I had received enough love from you both in these years," though Smirti was getting melted she decided not to show that up.

"We had loved you as a mother, but you weren't only a mother. You were the protectress who had been living for only purpose, and that was our protection. Loving you as a selfless figure is still left, aunty," Subhashikta poured out her emotions for Smirti.

"Please let allow us to love you in that way, aunty. We are sorry. Please, don't go," Radhika's hold on Smirti's hands was getting tighter.

"You had promised your self to be for papa forever, and the life span of forever can't be this short," Subhashikta's words surprised Smirti as that was the exact promise of her heart.

"How do you know about this promise?" Smirti asked.

"Your love is selfless and the prime promise of selfless love is forever for you," Subhashikta had experience the same in love with Parth.

"You are quite mature in case of love. What should I name this maturity, Subha?" Finally some cheerful vibes mixed in air when Smirti raised her eyebrows at Subhashikta, playfully.