(24) PROMISING AGAIN

Subhashikta returned from picnic with the same cheered self of hers which she had lost in the chaos of her own misunderstanding

Subhashikta returned from picnic with the same cheered self of hers which she had lost in the chaos of her own misunderstanding. Radhika and Smriti were happy about that despite the fact that they couldn't smile at Subhashikta wholeheartedly. There was a flashback story which neither Smriti nor Radhika wished to share with Subhashikta.

Subhashikta too sensed about the rift in between Smriti and Radhika. She was adviced from both of them when she initiated a conversation about the issue.

Subhashikta too decided to concentrate on her exams giving the duo space for themselves hoping a positive outcome.

One night Subhashikta was busy studying for her exam in room. Radhika approached to Smriti for a talk who was wrapping up her kitchen work.

"Aunty, till when you will act cold towards me?" Radhika started to settle the plates along with Smriti.

"Why does it bother you? You are a grown up to take decisions of your life. You shouldn't consider anything unnecessary," Smriti didn't take a look at Radhika who was eager to get a response from her.

"Please, don't say like that. I love and respect you a lot, aunty. You are no lesser than a mother to me," the words of ignorance hurts the most, and Radhika was experiencing the same.

"All are lies, Radhika. If you had loved and respected me then you would have obeyed me," Smriti discarded Radhika's affectionate words.

"You adviced me to back out from my principles of fighting against wrong. How could I do that?" The spirit of fighting for justice was inherited by Radhika from her late father.

"I understand you, but you are going to fight against Dikarsh. He's a dangerous guy. You should haven't accepted to fight the case of labour union of his factory. He can do anything," this time Smriti looked at Radhika trying to hide her restlessness so that Radhika couldn't spot her soft side.

"I know you are concerned about mine and Subha's safety, but backing out isn't a solution. What if Dikarsh tries harm our family even after I accept not to fight against him?" Radhika flashed a faint smile.

"Aunty, please consider my words. If I back out then the union leader of labourers will have to lose his life. Dikarsh isn't harming him because he has reached to me, and I am standing with him. I hope you will support me," whatever Radhika told was the truth, and Smriti had nothing to argue against that.

Excusing herself Radhika left from there silently.

Smirti knew if it was about only her safety Radhika would stop, but it was about someone's else life too. So, there was no chance of her backing out.

Sighing at the truth helplessly Smirti too left towards her room. Entering into her room she slowly opened her wardrobe, and took out the reason of the pungent smell of room freshener which never had faded from her room.

It was a blood smeared scarf. The stains of blood were dried, but each time she held that scarf in her hands her eyes get wet with the unstoppable flow of tears.

"Your daughter is too stubborn, Nityank. She has gone after you in matters of following her principles," her fingers were tracing over the stains of blood as if she was trying to feel him.

"I had tried a lot, but she didn't listen to me. She's even fearless like you. I would have cheered her virtues if I hadn't promised you to protect your family from Dikarsh during your last breaths," the flow of tears halted abruptly when she remembered a certain scene.

The shadow of terror and tension covered her whole face against which she was trying to compose herself.

"I am promising you to keep my promise even at price of my own life if it gets necessary," holding the scarf safely to her heart she was absorbing the warmth of his last memories to strengthen herself.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏