Unexpected love: Prologue

The moonlit sky is home to many different types of stars. Big stars, small stars, stars that shine brighter than others, or, stars that you can't see from afar. Those small constellations in the beautiful night sky are watched over by the bright moon. The moon also has many different types; crescent, full, blood or blue. 

Stars are nothing without the moon.

Kageyama is a 15 year old teenage boy. He enjoys playing volleyball, he likes drinking milk - specifically the small cartons of milk at the school vending machine, and, he loves blueberries. The young boy doesn't get along with others well and hates socialising, which is a tad bit ironic since volleyball is a team sport. 

Tsukishima is also a 15 year old teenage boy. He loves strawberry shortcake, adores dinosaurs and rarely speaks with others. He has one close friend; Yamaguchi Tadashi. Tsukishima keeps many things to himself. He hates pairwork and prefers to do things alone. With everything going on in his life, never in his wildest dreams has he ever thought he'd fall in love at such an immature age. A few years ago, when he was in junior high, his brother brought him to see an innocent volleyball match. 

During the match, there was one young boy who instantly caught Tsukishima's attention. His tosses were magnificent and appealing to the eye. He understood why people called him, "King of the court." However, his team wasn't on par with the setter's level. Tsukishima had to witness the scoldings the boy gave and the times where their team almost failed. Due to the setter's bossiness, Tsukishima was able to identify the second meaning of the title, "King of the court."

In the end, the vice captain of the team was subbed out. It disappointed Tsukishima, but what could he do? He was just a spectator - a side character. However, he'd never expect to cross paths with the same boy again years later. He finally learned his name; Kageyama Tobio. His heart fluttered whenever he was in the same room with the setter. Kageyama's attitude never changed, neither did Tsukishima's feelings. 

In this situation, Kageyama is a lost star; searching for his moon. Whereas, Tsukishima is a lonely moon, awaiting the return of his bright star. What does fate have planned out for the two? Actually, would you even call this fate? After all, the saying goes both ways. Stars are nothing without the moon. 

And, the moon is nothing without the stars. 

﹒⪩⪨﹒

A/N - Hello everyoneeee! This is my second Haikyuu fanfic book and I decided to base it on Tsukikage !! As I mentioned in my Semishira book (I will always find you.), Tsukikage is also one of my favourite haikyu ships!! Also, Tsukishima going to Kitagawa's match is canon btw HEHEHE :))))) Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this story as you did with my Semishira book ^^