Chapter 86 - Content

This story's almost finished! I still can't believe how many reads this has, thank you. I'm glad I could share this with you and I had a lot of fun creating it. Enjoy this chapter!

Y/n's pov~

I shot up from my sleeping position as Ponyboy rushed through the door with heavy breathing and sweating skin. I winced in pain as a wave of pain came over my lower half and my arms. "Sorry..." Pony apologized as he approached my bedside. "Did I wake you up?" He continued. I sighed angrily as I looked to him. "What do you think?" I asked. "Sorry." He said.

"What do you need Pony?" I asked with a sigh. "Dallas is losing it y/n." He explained. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at his words. "What do you mean?" I asked. "He's losing it. He looked mad... maybe sad?" He stated as if a question. "All I know is that he robbed a store and ran. He pointed a gun at the cashier guy." He continued. My eyes went wide at his statement and I tried my best to comprehend what he was trying to say.

"I don't think it was loaded or anything like that, but I'm sure that guy called the cops." Pony stated. "Doesn't he do that all the time?" I questioned him. "Well yeah but this time it's just... different." He answered. "He looks like he's goin crazy." He finished, waiting patiently for a reply from me. "C'mon Ponyboy." I said as I got up from the bed and grabbed Pony's hand. My feet hurt as I ran out of the room but I ignored the pain as best as I could.

"Wait where are we goin?" He asked loudly as I dragged him behind me. "Dallas." I responded hurriedly. "What about your burns?" He questioned me. "I'm fine Pony." I reassured him. "Ma'am what are you doing?!" A nurse yelled at me. I merely kept running as I ignored her questions. "Ma'am!" She yelled, trying her best to rush after me. I only ran faster until I made it out of the front of the hospital with all eyes on me and Pony. "Y/n, slow down!" Pony yelled. I let go of his hand and he quickly rushed to my side.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked as we rushed through the cold night. "I'm sure." I confirmed. "What are ya gonna do?" He questioned. I stayed silent in thought before I spoke. "I don't know." I shrugged. Pony breathed heavily and continued running by my side in silence.

"What happened? Why's he acting like that? Did you do something?" Pony continued with his questions, breaking the silence. I rolled my eyes before I answered. "He just got mad." I replied. "Does he do that a lot?" He persisted . "What do you think Einstein? Have you met the guy?" I responded with sarcasm. He rolled his eyes at me and looked forward. "Just wanted to know." He muttered, only slightly audible. I looked ahead and ran faster, me and Pony's steps echoing through the quiet night.

My feet hurt badly. The burns stung and my heavy steps against the pavement didn't help. I tried my best to breath though my burning throat in order to run faster and my lungs were on fire, but I persevered. I grew weary with every passing minute and it showed through my decreasing speed.

"Where did he go?" I asked Pony as we ran next to the store that Dallas supposedly stole from. "Over there somewhere!" He yelled as he pointed forward. I began running faster and my body only felt more painful and tired. "Are you sure you're alright? You don't look to good." Pony stated. "I'm fine Pony." I said in between my heavy breathing. I winced in pain as my body became even more sore and exhausted.

"He's over there!" Pony yelled as he pointed to the empty lot. Dallas, a shadowy figure in the night, ran frantically through the area as flashing red and blue lights surrounded him along with the echoing sound of police sirens.

"Dallas!" I yelled over the loud sirens with my hands cupped around my mouth. He looked back to me with an expression of shock and confusion. "Y/n?!" He questioned me as I ran towards him. "Are you alright Dallas?" I asked as I ran behind him. "You're fucking crazy y/n." He stated with a slight chuckle. I grinned at his words as I came to his side. "So are you." I replied. He laughed.

TW: Death

"What happen-" I was cut off by the thunderous sound of a gun shot and a sharp pain in my back. I fell to the ground and felt even more exhausted than before. I curled up into a ball as I laid on the cold, dewy grass, wincing loudly in pain. "Holy shit!" Dallas exclaimed as he towered over me. I shut my eyes tightly as I held a hand to my stomach. I took it away and held it to my face. I looked closely at it, viewing the red of my blood. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me." I complained as I put my hand back to my stomach with annoyance.

"Y/n!" I heard shouting coming from every direction. Soon enough the whole gang had been surrounding me. Soda, Pony and Two-Bit all crouched down next to me, bombarding me with questions. I didn't answer them and only focused on the pain. I looked up, my vision blurry. I tried my best to look to Dallas who was standing high above me. "I love you." I whispered. He stood with disbelief as he looked to the puddle of blood that surrounded my body, but quickly shot down next to me.

"Damnit y/n." He stated with more worry than anger. He looked to my body and his eyes widened. He put his hands to my stomach, trying his best to hold in the blood. I looked to him with a frail smile and put my hand to his cheek, turning his head to face me. "It's alright Dal." I tried assuring him. "This is alright to you?!" He cried. Tears streamed down his face and down my arm.

"I love you." I said. "Damnit y/n. Damnit." He became even more worried. "I love you." He replied. I grinned. "But damnit don't die." He demanded with a sad chuckle and smile. He shook as he began to cry more. My vision became more blurry as I looked to Dallas's beautiful face, glistening tears streaming down his cheeks. My body hurt but looking to him and the gang surrounding me was all I could ever ask for.

In that moment, even though I was dying, I felt that everything had been perfect. My life was finally right and I knew where I belonged. In all the time I spent with the gang, I knew that I wasn't a soc, or a greaser. I was just a person. Just another person lost in the world, trying to find my way through life. I was just a seventeen year old girl who was bored with her life, wanting more.

Who knew my life would change all because a boy spoke up to me in English class. Who knew I'd bring my sister back to her high school love. Who knew I'd find the one boy I'd ever love through a stupid bet. A bet which had changed me forever. A bet which led me to meeting the gang and making a life long group of friends.

It's funny how something can just happen out of nowhere and change your life forever. Now, looking around at the faces I knew for more than a year, I felt peace and content. My life wasn't the best, sure. My parents sucked, I ran away from home, got beat, drunk, and almost died, my sister died, and now it was my turn, but I felt that all of that had been overcome with the gang. I loved the gang. I loved Ponyboy, Johnny, Sodapop, Two-Bit, Darry, Steve, and especially Dallas. God I loved Dallas.

I smiled a happy smile one last time before my eyelids completely shut. Shouting voices faded away in my mind as my body went completely limp and I died. My life was gone but I felt satisfied. Satisfied with who I was, what I did, and who I loved.