Chapter 37 - Proof

I got more drunk bottle after bottle, drowsier, crazier, louder, etc, etc. I got so drunk that I couldn't stand up right, my legs felt like noodles. I couldn't remember much from that night, except for the fact that I probably looked ridiculous. Laughing super loudly and toppling over every second, yeah I probably looked crazy. All to prove to Dallas that I was not at all like a soc. God I hate Dallas sometimes.

third person pov~

Once again, Y/n was drunk, very drunk. She was drunk along with Two-Bit, Steve, and her sister Matilda. Everyone else sat back and laughed as the four acted crazy. Y/n laughed and fell over every second of the night. Two-Bit shouted and laughed at anything and everything. Steve ate a buttload of chocolate cake along with his beer and did flips just for the heck of it. Matilda laughed and laughed at millions of things and tried to help Y/n stand up after she fell.

"You have a radio!?" Y/n asked excitedly as she saw a radio sitting in the corner of the living room. Soda chuckled. "Yeah." He said with a wide smile across his face. Y/n ran over to it. She leaned on the table for support and quickly turned on the radio. She started messing with the nobs until she found a good station. When she heard the song "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles come on, she immediately started jumping up and down in excitement. She remembered that her and Matilda would always dance and sing to it together every time it came on the radio.

She ran up to Matilda and grabbed her wrist. Matilda laughed as Y/n dragged her to the middle of the room. Two-Bit, Steve, and Soda joined them as they danced and sung to the song.

Everyone giggled and laughed at them as they poorly danced along and sang in cracky voices. Dallas watched Y/n in happiness. He smiled and laughed at her and occasionally caught glimpses from her. She would look into his eyes and put a big smile on her face and he'd smile back. He felt happy as he watched her dance and sing. He loved it when she was drunk, when she was crazy.

When the song ended the next song came on, "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King. Y/n ran over to Ponyboy and fell in front of him. Everyone laughed at her as she got up. She grabbed Pony's wrist and pulled him up from the couch before dragging him to the middle room with everyone. Pony chuckled. She grabbed his hands and set them on her hips. She placed her hands on his shoulders. "I don't know how to dance." Pony said. "I don't either!" Y/n said loudly. They both giggled. "Alright." Pony said. They swayed back and forth to the song as they laughed.

In the middle of the song she looked over to Johnny. He was sitting and watching everyone dance with Dallas by his side. She left Pony and quickly rushed over to Johnny. She grabbed his hand and led him to the middle of the room. Pony and Dallas smiled. She placed his hands on her hips and put hers on his shoulders. He nervously danced with her. "There ya go!" She yelled. He giggled as he loosened up. He got more comfortable and danced to the rest of the song with a big smile across his face.

After the song everyone clapped. "You were good Johnny." Y/n said as she smiled. "Thanks." Johnny said, rubbing the back of his neck. Then the next song turned on. "Oh, Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison. Then "Be My Baby" by The Ronettes. Then "Jailhouse Rock" by Elvis Presley. Everyone danced and sung to the songs as Dallas watched. He laughed at everyone as they sang along.

"Do you do the Jailhouse Rock while you're in jail Dally?" Y/n asked after the song had ended. She flopped down on the couch next to Dallas. He chuckled. "Sure." He said sarcastically. "Really?" She asked excitedly. He laughed. "Of course." Dallas messed with her. "Must be pretty fun then." She mentioned. He smiled. "Yep." He said before taking a swig of beer. Y/n eyed his bottle before reaching over. He lifted his bottle in defense and put his arm in front of her. She fell to his legs and laughed loudly. He smiled as he felt butterflies in his stomach.

She looked up to him and stared into his eyes. He looked down to her and his smile faded as he focused on her eyes. "You're real handsome." She said slowly. He felt more butterflies in his stomach and paused in shock. "You're real drunk." He smiled and chuckled. "Pfft. I still think you're handsome." She mentioned. He smirked. "You sure?" He asked jokingly. "Mhmm." She said, nodding her head. He chuckled. She closed her eyes and rested in his lap. He looked down at her and admired her. He looked at every detail of her face and felt butterflies in his stomach.

He felt happy around her and liked her a lot. He rarely ever liked a girl for how she acted but he did with Y/n. Of course he tried to deny the fact that he liked her more than a friend. He thought she would never accept a greaser like him. Even if she thought he was handsome he couldn't deny the fact that he was a greaser and she was a soc.