Chapter 78 - Stolen Gifts

"Murder?!" I shouted as Dallas closed the door behind him. Pony and Johnny had left and I still had wide eyes. "Shhh." He shushed me loudly as he walked quickly towards me. "Ever heard of getting caught?" He asked. I sighed.

"Murder?!" I whisper yelled. "Yes, murder." He replied. "Johnny?" I asked as he sat down next to me. He nodded his head as he shuffled to my side, laying his head on the white pillow. I took in a deep breath as I tried to comprehend what was happening.

"Can we just go one day without someone crying, getting hurt, or dying?" I complained as I groaned. I fell back on the bed next to Dally and rubbed my face with tiredness. "Probably not doll." He stated as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, caressing my forearm in a comforting way. "Probably not." He repeated. I sighed as I turned to my side to face him.

"I hate life sometimes." I muttered as I tucked myself deep into his torso. He laughed quietly at my words. "Me too." He stated. "Maybe Matilda had the right idea." I said. He chuckled. "Don't kill yourself alright." He demanded. "I'll try not to." I replied as I got into a more comfortable position. Dallas sighed as he brought me closer to him, wrapping his arms and legs around me. Both of our breathing slowed as we both fell to sleep.

~

I woke up once again to the sound of Dallas snoring. It was light outside and I heard birds chirping. The sun shined through the window making the small room bright, my eyes slowly adjusted to the light. I smiled at the sight of Dallas wrapped around me, his arms around my stomach and his legs around mine. I began playing with his hair, picking out strands and twisting them with my forefinger.

After a few minutes he began shuffling around, his eyes fluttering open as he woke up. "Mornin doll." He said as he looked up to me. "Mornin Dal." I responded with a smile as I brushed my hand through his thick hair. "Cant get away from my hair can ya?" He joked. I chuckled at his words. "I guess not." I answered.

"Hey ya wanna go walk around with me? Steal another pack of kools?" He asked as he sat up from the bed. I scratched my head in thought. At that time, I still hadn't wanted to go anywhere, plus I was exhausted. "Maybe another time, I'm really tired." I replied. He sighed. "I'll try and walk slow for ya." He stated. I laughed at his comment. "Sorry Dal." I apologized as I sat up.

"Well I'll see ya later then." He said as he got up from the bed. He threw his black shirt back on over his torso and went out the door, closing it gently behind him. I took a deep refreshing breath as I slammed back against the mattress of the bed, my body sinking in and my head being sucked in by the pillow. Tears fell from my eyes as I thought of the night before. My sister was dead. Johnny killed someone and ran away. My mind was encased in dread and dejection, I couldn't help but sob.

third person pov~

Dallas walked along the road, one hand shoved deep into his pockets while the other brought a cigarette to and from his mouth, taking drags just about every minute. He kicked a pebble along the paved road as he neared the drugstore. He took one last drag from his cigarette before entering the store.

The bell rang above him as he went through the door, all eyes turned to him as he walked up to the counter. "Coke." He told the woman at the counter. She looked up from the cup she was cleaning and glared at him. "Here to cause more trouble hood?" She asked angrily. "No ma'am. Just here for a coke." He lied. She sighed as she went to grab the coke.

He turned to face the front of the store as he leaned against the counter, waiting for his drink. He took another drag from his cigarette before throwing it to the ground, crushing it beneath his foot. He sighed as he looked around for something to steal. Packs of cigarettes had been lined up on counter shelves next to him. He quickly snatched a box and stuffed it in his pocket, then looked around more.

In the corner of the store sat a shelf with bouquets of flowers, daisies, tulips, roses, orchids, just about every kind you could think of. He stared at them, thinking of Y/n and her interest in flowers. He remembered seeing her paintings and vases filled with flowers in her old room. Then he looked next to it, every size of stuffed animals sat near the wall. He chuckled remembering her cute obsession she had for them.

~

"You have a lot of stuff in your room, huh?" Dallas asked as he looked around curiously, his hands in his pockets. "Yep!" Y/n yelled from the closet. He smiled as he looked around, looking at every detail of her room. From her floral light blue walls down to her shiny oak floors that had been polished and pristine, not a speck of dust to be seen.

He chuckled as he looked to her bed, lines of stuffed animals pressed against the wall. "You still have these things?" He asked jokingly as he walked to her bed, gently picking up a well used teddy bear. He examined every side of it, unlike everything else it was messy, torn, used, loved. A wide grin adorned his features as he looked at it closely.

"Have what?" Y/n asked with confusion as she walked out of the closet. She looked to Dallas who had still been holding the bear. "Be careful with him!" She demanded as she grabbed it out of his hands. He laughed at her. "You're real cute doll." He said as he continued to look around.

He looked to a corner, there stood a large easel with blank canvas's sitting beside it. Next to that was a big roll top desk with sketch paper and pencils of every color sitting inside. He looked to the walls in that corner, every inch covered in paintings of flowers. He furrowed his eyebrows as he focused in on them, inching his way towards them.

He was drawn into the painting of a wilting dark rose, its colors dull and the background painted with black. "Like that one huh?" Y/n asked as she started over to him. He quickly looked around to see her standing close behind him. "Yeah..." He trailed off as he looked back to the painting with admiration. "Reminds me of you." Y/n mentioned. "Really?" He asked, turning back around to face her. She nodded her head. He smiled then looked back to the painting, taking in all the details.

~

He grinned widely at his thoughts as he looked to the stuffed animals and flower bouquets.

"Here!" The lady at the counter yelled as she slid the coke over to him. He quickly turned around to grab it, rolling his eyes at her in the process. "I saw that kid!" She yelled as he left the counter. He quickly ran towards the bouquets and stuffed animals, grabbing a bouquet of roses along with a small teddy bear. "Hey!" The woman yelled as he left. He smiled as he ran, arranging the items in his hands. He intended to give Y/n the bouquet, teddy bear, and pack of cigarettes, thinking she'd be more happy.