Chapter 14 - Tim

Y/n's pov~

It was late at night and I couldn't go to sleep. I had to much thoughts running through my head, one especially. It was of what happened at home this morning. My dad usually comes home drunk but he's never mad at us. Honestly it seems like he loves us more when he's drunk, so I wondered what was different this time. I ran thoughts through my head of what could've been going on but I couldn't seem to figure it out.

After awhile I still couldn't fall asleep, I looked to my alarm clock and it said it was about 3:00 in the morning. I sat up and went to the edge of my bed. I was deciding what I should do since I couldn't go to sleep, I tapped my feet on the ground as I thought. I didn't want to try and go to sleep because I figured it'd be a waste of time, I'd probably be up the rest of the night just tossing and turning. I also didn't want to think anymore, I needed to get my mind off of things.

After a couple of minutes I got up and went to my desk. I pulled out my chair, trying not to make to much noise. I sat down and scooted into the desk. There were a couple pieces of paper sitting on the desk, and a pencil. I picked up the pencil and let my mind wander as I drew. I decided to see what my mind would end up drawing.

After a little while I looked closely at the piece of paper. At first it seemed like a bunch of scribbles but as I looked closer it looked like something else. I analyzed the drawing for a couple of minutes to find out what it could be. It looked like a human, a boy specifically. I looked at it closer and began seeing what it was. "Ponyboy?" I asked myself. The drawing wasn't great but it looked a lot like Ponyboy. Hair that was slicked back and similar facial features. "Why the hell did I draw Ponyboy?" I asked myself. I decided not to worry about it.

After a little bit I got up from my desk quietly. I paced around my room, trying to figure out what to do next. I decided to get some fresh air, apparently it's good for you, my sister said it helps get rid of overwhelming thoughts. Might as well right? There's nothing else to do. I threw on the same clothes I had worn last night and my denim jacket. I quietly went out my room and walked slowly down the stairs. I silently opened the door and went outside.

I wandered for awhile, seeing where the night would take me. It was silent in our neighborhood and all through the south side, except for the bars and what not. I was cold, even with my jacket on. I walked for a little while longer, until I made it to the tracks. "Damnit. Why'd I end up here again?" I said to myself. I looked past the tracks, the north side. "Damnit." I said to myself as I stepped over the tracks. "I'm gonna die tonight, aren't I?" I asked myself. Sodapop said it was pretty dangerous around here at night.

I walked for awhile. I tried my best to be aware of my surrounding so I wouldn't get attacked. "What ya doin around here darlin?" Someone called from behind me. Darlin. "Dallas?" I asked turning my head around. "Nope, better." They said getting closer to me. I stayed silent as they began to walk next to me. "Who the hell are you?" I asked turning towards him. He had dark greasy hair and dark eyes. "Tim. Tim Shepard." He said grabbing my hand. I pulled it away. "You must not remember me on account of you being to drunk." He said. "I played pool with you and Winston last night." He said. "Oh." I said. "Well I don't remember anything from last night, I sure don't remember you." I said looking to him. He chuckled.

"You look even more beautiful up close." He said, smirking. I rolled my eyes. "Leave me alone, will ya." I said sternly. "Feisty are we?" He asked grabbing my waist, causing me to fall into his body. "Get off of me you creep!" I yelled. I knew I would die tonight. I just knew it! Damnit, I should've just went to bed. I tried fighting him to let go of me but he had a strong grip on me. "Get off me!" I yelled, still fighting. He laughed. I kept fighting to get out of his arms. I then kneed him in the balls. He stumbled back, causing him to let go of me. I ran as fast as I could the opposite direction of him. "Shit!" I yelled. He started gaining on me as I grew more tired. I was to exhausted from getting no sleep, I couldn't run fast.

I eventually lost him after running for about half a mile and stopped to catch my breath. I didn't know where I was, I wasn't familiar with the north side. "Shit." I said to myself. I started to tear up. I'm gonna die! I sat down on the dirt road and buried my head in my knees. Suddenly I heard a noise come from behind me. It sounded like a door opening. I brought my head from out of my legs and looked behind me. "Y/n?" They said. They ran up to me. I looked over to them. "Soda?" I immediately recognized him. Even though I couldn't see him much in the dark he still looked like a handsome movie star. The moon glistened on his greasy brown hair and his blue eyes were vibrant.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. "I should be asking you the same." I said. He briefly smiled. "I couldn't sleep." He said. "I couldn't either." I said. "Shouldn't you be on the south side though?" He asked sitting down next to me. "I was just wandering around and something lead me over here." I said looking at him. He smiled. "You like the north side huh?" He asked. "I guess you could say that." I said. "I just feel good over here." I said. He nodded his head. "I just needed to get away." I said. He nodded his head again. "Ya wanna come inside?" He asked. I smiled. "You don't even know me that well, hell we only met last night." I said. "Well you look cold, seems like you need a place to stay. Plus I think you're pretty cool." He said. I smiled. "Really?" I asked. "Yep. Now ya gonna come in or what?" He said. I smiled as we got up and went inside.