Chapter 34 - Awkward

Thank you all so much for 1k reads! I didn't think this would ever get that popular so thanks. I just made this story for fun and expected only a couple of people to read it. I've had such a fun time creating this and love being able to share it with you! Thank you all so much!

After cleaning up the bathroom I sat on the toilet for awhile, thinking. I spaced out and thought about the moment I had with Dallas. I was confused, very confused. I couldn't figure out why I stared into his eyes for so long, why he stared into mine. I thought for awhile.

I was interrupted by a knock on the door and immediately snapped out of my thoughts. "Come in." I said. Soda came through the door. "Are you alright?" He asked. His wounds were bandaged up nicely. "Yeah..." I trailed off. "You sure? You've been in here for awhile." Soda stated. "I'm just thinking." I said, looking to him. "About what?" He asked as he crouched down next to me. I chuckled. "Everything." I said. "A lot has happened in the past few days." I continued. He nodded his head. "I get it." He said. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

"Ya wanna come out?" Soda asked with a smile on his face. "Sure." I said as I got up from the toilet. Soda opened the door for me while bowing. "My lady" He joked. I laughed. He followed me out and shut the door behind him as he chuckled. Soda could put a smile on anyone's face without even trying. I came to know Soda pretty well in the past few days and I gotta say, he's a pretty good guy. I know most girls look at how handsome he is but my favorite part about him is how he's always positive and smiley. He so smiley in fact that by taking one look at him you can't help but smile yourself.

Me and Soda chuckled as we walked out into the living room. I looked around the room. Most everyone was laying on the floor while Matilda was finishing helping out Darrel. Pony, Two-Bit, Steve, Darrel, and Matilda were all on the floor. I looked to the couch where Johnny and Dallas were sitting. Dallas looked up to me then quickly looked down. I knew it was gonna be pretty awkward between us, at least for the rest of the night. I hoped it would go away eventually though. Even though I said I hated Dallas, I still wanted to talk to him without it being awkward. I hoped it would end soon.

Soda brushed past me and sat next to Steve on the ground. I stood in place for a bit and after about a minute I went and sat on the couch between Dallas and Johnny. I looked over to Dallas who was playing with his ring. As I sat down he looked over to me then back to his ring. In the awkward situation I fidgeted with my hands to pass the time.

After what felt like hours of awkward silence and a occasional giggle or whisper from Matilda to Darrel, Matilda had finally finished fixing Darrel up. "Are you ready to go Y/n?" Matilda asked as she got up from the ground. I looked up to the clock on the wall. It was about twelve o'clock in the morning. I did kind of want to go home, I had been sitting in awkward silence for what felt like eternity and assumed there was nothing else to do at the Curtis house.

I was about to answer, "Yes" but was interrupted by Soda. "You can stay." He stated. He quickly looked to Darrel for approval. Darrel sat for a moment in thought before nodding his head. A big grin grew on Sodas face. "You can teach me more poker skills." Soda said as he got up from the ground. Matilda chuckled. "Alright." She shrugged. They both went over to the dining table along with Steve, Two-Bit and Darrel. They got out a deck of cards and started a game of poker.

Me, Pony, Johnny, and Dallas all sat in awkward silence. We watched everyone else play poker and occasionally each of us would look over to each other with an awkward glance. There was a weird tension in the room that didn't seem to disappear. We all seemed to be waiting for someone to speak up. It was a bit odd because usually we would be loud, loud to the point of annoyance. I expected awkwardness between me and Dallas but not anyone else, but I guess everyone was just very tired after the fight.

After awhile Pony left the room and went to his, Johnny eventually ended up falling asleep on the couch, it was just me and Dallas left. We sat for eternity in awkwardness. I only heard laughter and yelling from the dining room and the noise of the clock ticking. I looked up the wall and spaced out for awhile.

"You ok?" Dallas spoke up. I immediately snapped out of my thoughts. "Yeah I'm fine." I said. "Sorry about earlier." I continued as I looked to him. "It's alright." He shrugged. "You like my eyes doll?" Dallas asked with a jokey smirk. I lightly nudged him in the shoulder in a playful manner and chuckled. "You're a real dick Dallas Winston." I stated. He laughed. "I know, I know." He said as he sighed and chuckled.

After the playful conversation we had it wasn't to awkward. We talked for awhile and made fun of each other. I had a pretty good time with Dallas, even though the conversations were mostly insults and teasing. I did think Dallas was a real dick but we sure had fun times together.