Chapter 56 - I don't know

Weeks had passed and I was out of the hospital within a couple of days. When I saw Johnny in the lot, I wrapped myself around him, never wanting to let anything happen to him ever again. "Are you alright Johnny?" I asked as I pulled away from him. He quietly chuckled. "I'm fine." He replied. I brought my hand to a scar on his cheek and sighed. "Don't I look tuff now?" He asked with a smile. I giggled. "Real tuff." I answered.

"Did you hear about Dally?" I asked. He sighed. "Yeah." He answered. I sighed. "He's a pretty cool guy huh? Sticking up for us like that." He continued as he shoved his hands into his pockets. I quietly laughed to myself. "Yeah, pretty cool." I responded as we began walking. "I look up to Dally." Johnny mentioned. I smiled. "He's real tuff." He continued. "Yeah..." I trailed off as I started kicking a rock around.

"A lot of people don't like him at first, but once you get to know him, he's pretty great." He stated. I nodded my head. "He gets in some stupid situations sure, but he has pretty good reasons most of the time." He continued. I nodded my head. "Yeah, he's a pretty great guy. Sometimes." I agreed. He chuckled and I joined.

"Do you like him?" Johnny asked. "Dallas?" I asked in confusion. "Yeah, Dallas." He responded. I stayed silent for a moment. Dallas. I did like Dallas. In fact, I loved Dallas. The thought of him being in jail for a year killed me inside. I debated on whether I should tell Johnny or not. I didn't exactly know the situation between me and Dallas. I didn't know if we were official or just fooling around. I thought about that a lot ever since Steve had talked to me in the hospital.

"Y/n?" Johnny asked as he looked at me. I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard him. "Sorry." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck. "It's alright." He said as he shrugged. "I was just thinking." I stated as I laughed quietly to myself. "You like him huh?" He asked. I sighed. "I guess I do." I casually answered. He chuckled at my answer. "What?!" I asked as I laughed and playfully hit him in the shoulder. "I guess I do." He mocked me. I laughed at him as he smiled.

"How'd you know I liked him?" I asked as I looked over to him. He sighed. "Remember that one night that you told me about what happened with you and that James guy?" He asked as he rubbed his neck. "Yeah. What about it?" I asked. "Remember I was questioning that you had never kissed anyone?" He continued. I nodded my head. "Then I started to mention the one time you and..." He trailed off. "Yeah...?" I asked slowly. "I was gonna say, "that one time you and Dally kissed." He continued.

"What?!" I asked surprised. "That one night that you were drunk. You guys were dancing together and you kissed him." He replied. I sighed in annoyance. Damn Dallas. He just had to make me drunk. But Johnny was right. I did like him, and I loved kissing the stupid guy. "Damn Dallas..." I trailed off. "Sorry." Johnny said. I sighed. "It's alright Johnny." I stated. "You're right. I like Dallas." I continued. He smiled as he looked down to the ground. "Actually..." I trailed off. Johnny looked up to me with confusion. "I think I love him Johnny." I said as I looked down to the ground.

He was stunned and stopped walking. "But don't tell anyone that! Not even him." I shouted. "Alright alright." He said as he began walking again. "I didn't know it was that serious." He stated. "Yeah..." I trailed off. Serious. Honestly, I didn't even know if it was serious at all. I also didn't know if I actually did love him. I was confused. I didn't even know if he felt that way about me or not. Looking at Dallas though, he probably didn't love anyone. His heart is too damn broken to love. I wanted it badly though. I wanted him to love.

Even though he did fight Bob for me and Johnny, it seemed more like of an act of anger than love. Maybe it was an act of love but I didn't know. Dallas was hard to read, I was hard to understand what he felt. I wished I could tell what he felt, but I couldn't.