Chapter 63 - Bucks

We walked along the dark dirt road as we neared Bucks. As we got closer, I dug in my pockets and took out my box of cigarettes and my lighter. I pulled one out of the box and I lit it up. I shoved the lighter and box back into my pockets as the cigarette hung from my mouth. Dallas looked down to me as I stuffed the lighter into my pocket.

"You know, you really shouldn't smoke that much." He spoke. "You're one to talk." I said, my words muffled through the cigarette. I put my fingers to the cigarette as I took a long drag. I pulled it away from my mouth and blew a puff of smoke in Dallas's face. He swatted the smoke away with his hand as he chuckled. "You're a real dick sometimes Dallas." I stated with a smile on my face. He laughed quietly and sighed happily. "I like you doll." He said.

A smile grew on my face at his words. I loved when Dallas was soft like that. His words felt real, and so did his smile. When someone like Dallas Winston was kind like that, you knew it was real. When someone like Dallas Winston would smile like that, you knew it was real. When someone is that tough or mean, it's hard to believe they'd act like that. You know it's real because a person like Dallas Winston, would never willingly be kind. They'd never willingly smile. So seeing him act that way, melted my heart.

"I like you too Dal." I stated as I got closer to his side. He smiled down at me as he grabbed my hand, intertwining my fingers with his. I smiled up at him as I leaned my head against his broad shoulder. A wave of comfort came flowing over me as I laid my head against him. I took a deep breath happily, inhaling the fresh air and the smell of Dallas's cheap cologne.

As we arrived at Bucks, the loud music echoed around us and the red light coming from the windows illuminated the dirt road. As we stepped inside, the smell of beer and smoke surrounded us. I looked around at the large group of people who were talkative. I heard the sound of pool balls smash against each other as I examined the room. Dallas took his hand away from mine and set it on the small of my back as he led me to the bar. As we sat down, Buck came over to us hurriedly.

"Two beers." Dallas spoke as he began lighting a cigarette. Buck nodded his head in understanding as he rushed to grab the beers. I looked over to Dallas and chuckled. He looked to me with confusion. "What?" He asked with laughter in his voice, muffled through the cigarette. "You know, you really shouldn't smoke that much." I said mockingly. He hit me in the side of my shoulder as he laughed, still lighting his cigarette on his necklace. It hung from his mouth as he stuffed the cigarette box back into his pocket. "You're one to talk." He spoke in a mocking tone of voice as he pulled the cigarette away from his mouth. I chuckled as Buck came rushing back to us with two bottles of beer in his hand.

"Here ya go." Buck said as he slid the beers over to us. I caught mine and popped the lid off. I took a quick swig before setting the bottle back down on the counter. I sighed of relief as the beer went down my throat, causing a burning sensation that I had loved. "Don't go and get drunk again Y/n." Buck mentioned as he chuckled. Dallas laughed as I joined him. At that point, I had gone to Bucks so much, that I got to know him. "I'll try not too." I stated with a grin. He nodded his head before he rushed off to serve others.

We sat as we drank our beer. Me and Dally quickly chugged our beers impatiently. After our first beer, we got another, then another, then another. I had grown a tolerance to beer and hadn't got drunk as easily as I had used to, but after a couple more beers, I felt a bit tipsy. I was drunk enough to loosen up and feel better, but sober enough to think and walk straight.

We laughed throughout the night as we teased each other and chatted together. We sat at the same barstools for most of the night but then eventually moved over to the other room where the pool table was. We played against two drunk guys who looked like they could fall over at any moment, one with brown hair, and one with blonde hair. Just like I was good at playing poker, I was also good at playing pool.

I focused my eyes on the white ball as it smashed against another. The ball I had hit fell into a pocket, giving me and Dallas the lead. "You're pretty good at this game doll." Dallas stated as I came walking back to him. He followed me with is eyes as I came to his side. "Thanks." I said as I shrugged. He chuckled as he darted his eyes to the other side of the table, watching the two men take their turn. "You're not so bad yourself." I mentioned with a smile. He looked to the ground as he laughed to himself. "Thanks." He said as he looked up to me. I chuckled as I looked to the table, watching every move the men took.

After they took their turn, Dallas walked over to the table. He leaned over as he focused closely on his aim. He quickly shot the white ball towards the eight ball. I watched intently as it headed closer to a pocket. A smile of excitement grew on my face as it neared the pocket. Everyone watched the ball as it got closer and closer, leaning in with every passing second. We watched it until it finally went in, we had won. I ran excitedly to Dallas as he backed away from the table. I wrapped my arms around him in celebration as I hollered. He smiled down at me as I backed away from him.

"We won!" I shouted. He chuckled as he brought his arms around me again. The men scoffed at us as we cheered. "Get a room!" One of them yelled as me and Dallas hugged. We both laughed at them before settling down.