Chapter 35 - Falling in love

Sorry for this really short chapter, it's kind of just a filler.

third person pov~

After that day, Y/n and her sister went to the Curtis home every time they had the chance. With every passing day she began falling more and more in love with the Curtis gang and the charm of the north side. Beating Steve in poker, laughing along with the whole gang, being loud and reckless with Soda, joking around with Two-Bit, smoking and watching sunsets with Ponyboy and Johnny, watching Darry and Matilda fall in love, and proving to Dallas that she wasn't just another soc.

After months, she slowly shoved her skirts and collared shirts away and began dressing less and less like a soc. She had become good friends with Two-Bit, Steve, and Johnny. She got really close to Ponyboy and Sodapop, they were almost like brothers to her. She didn't know Darrel very well. Her sister however, was growing very close to him, and she had hoped to do the same.

Then there's Dallas. She spent a lot of time with him, trying to prove him wrong that she wasn't just another soc, stuck up and prissy. She joked around with him and they each made fun of each other. After each and every day she began falling more and more in love with Dallas. Dallas Winston. Someone who she thought she hated. Someone who she thought was a dick. Someone who she thought she could never love. Someone who she thought was just another jerk in the world.

Although Dallas Winston had a dense exterior that was hard to break, he also had a soft spot. Something unexplainable, not even Y/n could understand what it was, but boy did she love it. Something about the way he challenged her to do things she would've never done. Maybe it was the way he caused trouble everywhere he went. Or maybe the way his eyes were cold and mysterious, but also warm and welcoming at the same time. Maybe it was the way he made her laugh and smile. Or the way he would tease and make fun of her. Something was different about him, something new.

Y/n didn't know what it was about him that she loved, all she knew was that she had love for him that she couldn't get rid of. Every time she went to the Curtis House she would see him standing somewhere off to the side, smoking. He would tower over her, his dark greasy hair drooping over his forehead. His dark brown eyes staring into hers. Something about him seemed beautiful. The way his eyes would sparkle in the light. The way the tips his hair would shine bright. He was mesmerizing to her. Everything about him intrigued her.

With him she felt something she had never felt before. Love. He was the first boy she had ever fallen in love with. The first boy that could twist her stomach around and give her butterflies. Her first love. Dallas Winston.

Although she was in love with him she knew she could never tell him. Something about her love seemed forbidden. A soc and a greaser together could never work, right? Something in her heart also told her that he would never accept her. He would never accept a girl like her, right? Dallas Winston. Her first love.