Chapter 10 - Drunk

third person pov ~

Y/n was drunk, very drunk. Drunk enough that she didn't seem to walk correctly. Every step she took she would stumble a little bit. Dallas however was only a little fazed. He was used to beer so he wasn't that drunk. He was sober enough to think and act correctly. But he was still drunk enough to let go and have fun.

"Ya wanna play pool?" Dallas asked y/n. She sat up from her chair and almost fell. "You're really drunk doll." Dallas said catching her before she hit the ground. He was smiling at the sight of her drunkenness. "I know! I love it!" Y/n yelled, bringing all eyes to her. "Shhh you're making everyone look at you." Dallas said chuckling. Everyone soon looked away.

He helped her up as she sunk towards the ground. As he stood her up she fell into his chest. She sunk even more. Dallas felt butterflies in his stomach as she fell into him. He didn't know why. "Come on, you can't just stay there forever." Dallas said lifting her up. "But it's warm!" Y/n yelled, whining. She pulled herself back into his chest using his jacket. "Don't you wanna play pool? Because I don't think you could hiding in my jacket." He said smiling, looking down at her. "Oh right!" Y/n said sliding away from him. She sprinted towards the room with the pool table and fell. Dallas chuckled as he walked over to her to pick her up.

He gripped her arm and lifted her from the ground. She laughed as she got up. Dallas smiled at this. "You're way to drunk." Dallas said chuckling. She kept laughing. Dallas began dragging her over to the pool table, still chuckling at the sight of her. She kept on laughing until they got to the pool table. Once they stopped y/n almost fell again but Dallas caught her before she could get to the ground. They both laughed hard until they found themselves on the ground.

Dallas stopped laughing for awhile and looked to y/n. She was still laughing to the point where she had tears in her eyes. Dallas smiled at her. In the short time he knew her he had never seen her so happy.

"Alright get up doll." He said looking down at her as he stood back up. She was still laughing hard so Dallas had to pick her up again. She was still laughing as he picked her up. She fell against him again once he held her up. "Come on, you wanna play pool don't ya?" She fell away from him and wrapped her arm around his lower back for support. Dallas put his arm around her shoulder.

"Long time no see Dallas." Someone called from the other side of the table. Dallas immediately recognized the voice. "Tim." He said as Tim Shepherd put his hands on the side of the table. "Looking for another fight?" Dallas asked. "Just here for a beer and some pool." Tim said. "Who's this new broad?" Tim asked looking at y/n. "Just a friend." Dallas said. Tim winked at her and she didn't even notice. She was laughing to hard. Dallas starred him down, bringing y/n closer to him.

"We gonna get started?" Tim asked pulling a stick from the wall. "I'm ready to beat your ass." Dallas said grabbing two sticks. He handed one to y/n who was still leaning on him for support. Tim scattered the balls. He took his turn and scored one of the striped balls in. "Your solids." Tim said looking at Dallas. Tim kept going until he missed a shot.

After Tim's turn Dallas shot the white ball at one of the solids and scored it in a pocket. He kept going until he missed. Then it was
Y/n's turn. She gripped her stick and tried her best to hold it still on the table. She aimed at one of the solid balls. She scored it into a pocket and then aimed again. She tried her best to hold the stick still but her hands slipped once she shot. "Damnit!" She yelled leaning back on Dallas. "That's ok doll. You're really drunk so I'm kind of impressed you even made one." Dallas said looking at her.

After a little bit there were three balls left. One striped ball, one solid ball, and the eight ball. It was Dallas's turn. He took his stick and held it still on the table. He took a shot at the last solid ball and made it in the pocket. Then he aimed over at the eight ball. He shot but missed. Y/n tried on her turn but missed.

Then Tim took his turn. He scored the last striped ball into a pocket, then aimed for the eight ball. He missed by just an inch or two. "Damn." He said quietly.

Then it was Dallas's turn again. He carefully aimed at the eight ball. He did his best to get the right angle and shot. The white ball shot towards the right ball. It slammed against it. The eight ball went straight into the pocket. "Take that Tim." Dallas said smirking. Tim rolled his eyes.

"Yay!" Y/n said, running up to Dallas. She wrapped her arms around him for a hug. Dallas stumbled back as she did. For a little bit he didn't know what to do, he was stunned. Then eventually he eased into her hug. "We won!" She said looking up at Dallas. "Yeah!" He said smiling. "Good game Dallas." Tim said. Dallas looked up still smiling. "See ya later Tim." Dallas said as Tim walked off.

He looked back down at y/n, still smiling. She looked up at him and smiled. She was still holding him tightly, hidden in his jacket. She brought her hand up into his hair. "Your hair is really greasy." She said twirling it around. "That's why they call us greasers." Dallas said. She chuckled. Dallas chuckled along with her. "You're funny." Y/n said giggling. She brought her hand down and squeezed him tightly again.

"You can't stay there forever doll." Dallas said. "I sure can!" She said. Dallas chuckled. Dallas forced her out and she whined. "Let's go somewhere where there's no drinks." Dallas said grabbing y/n's hand. As he started walking she fell behind him. He laughed, this must've been the millionth time she fell. He went over to her and picked her up by the arm. He flipped her over his shoulder and started walking again.

He walked out of the room and up some rickety stairs. He opened a door that led to a room and went in. He closed the door and set y/n on the dusty ground.  He got her a half drunken water bottle and handed it to her. She sat up and took a couple of gulps.

"Dallas?" Y/n asked turning towards him. "What?" He said walking to her. "I'm really drunk aren't I?" She said. Dallas laughed. "Very." He said. "You're not gonna feel great tomorrow." He said.

That was the last thing Dallas said before y/n fell asleep.