Epilogue

(Gonna hop over to Adrift now since I'm pretty content with how this story went and I really wanna get the other moving XD) 

Somehow, things just happened to fall into place as time went on. Unsurprisingly, their furry guest had disappeared quite quickly after the pirate lord had paid them an uninvited visit. The pup he'd left behind, however, was safely returned to its pack once healed. 

The pack hadn't seemed all that worried about their missing alpha, which had Marquise questioning whether a possible takeover hadn't been in the works for a bit. Of course, they could also just have that much faith in their leader, too, since their alpha was definitely not a pushover. 

He had plenty of scars from him to prove it. 

"Master Marquise, does this look alright?" 

Marquise blinked out of his thoughts and refocused his attention as he stepped forward and lifted his arms in order to straighten his heir's tie. 

They'd started having him and his grandmother over each night for dinner to get used to the staff and get an idea of what his future would be like. 

Leonardo had been hesitant, at first, but he quickly became more confident as Marquise, and more specifically, Pepper and Garlic, showed him the ropes while Vrasje was busy working. 

He always arrived in the morning and played for hours with Garlic, then ate and napped with Pepper before attending some lessons in the early evening. Afterward, a carriage was sent to pick up his grandma for dinner. 

Tonight was supposed to be a bit of a practice run for an official heir ceremony so they were dressing up a bit. He'd never actually gotten one since he'd been changed so abruptly... and technically against the rules, but it seemed like a fun little thing to do to celebrate adding a new member to their family. 

And, of course, grandma Sofia was also added automatically. 

In fact, Marquise tilted his head slightly as he heard a frail knock on the front doors downstairs. 

"Your Nana's here, hun," he said as he finished straightening out Leo's suit, then stepped back with a smile. 

His heir quickly shouted his thanks as he hurried out of the room and down the stairs to greet his grandma. 

"I think I'm finally obsessed. He's so sweet but mature, but also still a kid in many ways." 

It was no surprise when he felt his love's arms slip around his waist and tug him backwards against his firm chest a moment later. A gentle kiss to his cheek soon followed, and he could even feel the smile on those lips as Vrasje completed the action.

There was also a hand suspiciously sneaking beneath his previously-tucked in shirt, heading south at an impressive speed. 

He gently swatted it away as he looked over his shoulder. 

"I thought you were working late tonight? Were you just waiting to ambush me once Leo went downstairs?" he asked as he felt his vampire nuzzle into the crook of his neck, already knowing that the answer to his question was an obvious yes. 

His body was honestly reacting from memory, thinking that it was going to get some intimate attention momentarily. 

Not tonight. Err, well, at least not right now. 

"Behave. We have to go downstairs," he said as he finally nudged Vrasje's face away, only to receive a nip to his ear before his man stepped to the side and took his hand with an innocent smile. 

"I always behave, love. What would I do if any of the townspeople found out that their master hunter and council head was a pervert for his sweet werewolf husband?"