Chapter 28

He'd woken up horny... the one time Vrasje was sound asleep, curled up in front of him.

 Stretching a bit beneath the blankets, Marquise watched the man breathe calmly in and out, his tempo nearly perfect. 

Now that he thought about it, Vrasje hadn't been breathing when they'd first met unless they had gotten worn out. Recently, though, he remembered that the guy had been breathing pretty regularly. 

Mm, I like it. 

He rolled onto his belly, then propped himself up on his elbows and leaned forward to nuzzle his forehead against the other man's gently. He quickly got distracted by Vrasje's long bangs and grabbed a length to tug on. 

When his vampire still didn't awaken, he leaned closer with the length of silky hair still between his lips and pressed his nose into the crook of Vrasje's neck.  

"Jey..." he half whispered, half groaned. 

How could he sleep so deeply? Don't vampires rarely need to rest? 

He was just about to give up and just let his body calm itself down when he heard a barely-there chuckle. 

You...

Scowling, Marquise released the length of hair from between his lips and sat up. Not a second later and he was tugged back down by Vrasje's strong arms. Another moment passed and he was now sitting on top of Vrasje's firm chest with a deep blush on his face. 

"I'm sorry, love. You were being so adorable and seemed quite content with your exploration. I couldn't interrupt."

Of course not, Marquise grumbled in his mind even as his fingers flexed against Vrasje's smooth skin. 

"I'm hard," he eventually mumbled. 

Vrasje gave another chuckle and raised an eyebrow as he stared pointedly at Marquise's lower bits. 

"Clearly. Are you in need of assistance from a very handsome, skilled, vampire?" Vrasje asked, never taking his attention away from a certain taut item. 

Marquise scoffed immediately as he looked away, glaring at the wall. 

"What Skill?

In the blink of an eye Marquise was on his back with Vrasje's cool body pressed comfortable against his own. 

Long tendrils of the man's hair settled against his shoulders and the right side of his face as he leaned closer, a knowing smirk on his face until it vanished as his face moved past his own to nuzzle into the crook of his neck. 

"I have been around a very long time, love. I've not had many partners, and they've all been female, but I've learned quite a lot. I believe I will be able to please you," he said with such sure words that Marquise's heart nearly jumped out of his chest with how fast it was now beating. 

Aren't you half dead? Why are you beating so fast?!

Marquise was snapped out of his thoughts as one of Vrasje's hands reached up to settle against he back of his head, then gently pressed down, guiding him forward until their mouths touched. 

The next several minutes were quite a blur of motion and some awkward bantering about how he didn't even bother to prepare Vrasje's poor backside after switching their positions again and shoving himself inside!

His ingenious response when hissed at? 

Werewolf. 

Wolves clearly didn't prep in the wild, so he hadn't exactly known that he should have done so with a vampire! The man was his first try at physical intimacy, too. Being an alpha hadn't really allotted him much time for relationships.