Chapter 10

He'd never gotten such a good night of sleep in his entire life. Whatever happened after they'd left the restaurant was a simple blur in his mind, but the food he remembered intimately. 

Just the thought of the delicious fried fish, baked potato, and cake made him lick his lips. Except, when his tongue slowly swiped out of his mouth, it came in contact with something... 

Curiously, Marquise let his tongue slip from his lips again after having retracted it. His mind began to clear as he continued to lick, rather enjoying the rhythmic sensation that his former half often partook in. It was a bit odd doing it as a human, but the habit, evidently, was still ingrained. 

By the time he was content with his work and opened his eyes, he was in quite a good mood. 

Uh...

His brain took a full minute to piece together what exactly was going on. Well, thankfully, it was more like what wasn't going on. At least at that moment. 

I might actually die today. 

Marquise wasn't sure what he could really do in such a situation, either. Somehow, someway, Vrasje hadn't woken up when he'd turned his neck bright red with his tongue. However, there was no way for him to sneak away from the situation, unfortunately. The man's right arm was wrapped comfortably around his lower back with his hand gently grasping his waist. 

I'm partially on top of him, too. What the hell is wrong with me and why is he here? 

It didn't take him long to answer his own question. The collar of Vrasje's nice fancy dress shirt was scrunched into a wrinkled mess by his right hand. It looked like there'd been a bit of frustration on Vrasje's part, too, because he had a few red spots on the back of his hand as if pressure had been applied for a while to try and loosen his grip. 

It's... been a really long time since I've done that while sleeping. 

He usually only held onto a pillow when he was extremely comfortable, and even in his previous life, that kind of situation had occurred quite rarely. 

Slowly unfurling his fingers from the man's shirt, Marquise winced a little as his joints began to ache. 

Yep, definitely been holding on all night. 

"You can move, he won't wake up." 

Feeling a faint warmth rush to his face, Marquise looked over to where Taru was sitting with his legs crossed and a grin on his handsome face. 

How long have you been sitting there? 

"Not too long," Taru replied, making Marquise nearly choke on his own saliva!

You can?! 

"Yeah, for a while now, but I didn't want to startle you so I wasn't sure how to say it. I guess I still did anyways, huh?" Taru said as he silently got up, then walked over to the other side of the bed closer to Marquise. 

"Come here, hun. He won't wake up after having drank while you were out," he said as he reached toward him with a smile. 

After a brief glance back down at Vrasje, Marquise carefully unwrapped himself from his arm, then silently moved across the bed until he was lifted up into Taru's waiting arms. 

They walked out of the room in silence, but as soon as Taru nudged the door shut, Marquise felt the man's arms tighten around him considerably in a strong hug. Taru also buried his face in the crook of his neck. 

"I'm so glad I didn't listen to him," he eventually said in a quiet, raspy tone. 

Marquise wasn't really sure what he meant by that, but he figured that the man would clarify his words eventually, so he simply settled in for the attention and even got a gentle pat to his head as a reward for his patience.