Chapter 21

Marquise yawned and stretched his arms out as far as they would go, taking great pleasure as several muscles popped in his back as they were pulled taut. Giving out a content hum, he allowed his body to relax again after a few moments, then licked his lips a couple times before finally opening his eye. 

Huh? 

He wasn't surprised to see Vrasje still snuggled up with him, but he was surprised to see that his fancy clothing from the previous evening seemed to have been shredded. 

Garlic? 

The pup didn't respond, making him even more confused as he slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position to get a better view of the damage. 

"I woke up when I felt something cutting into my skin, but you were still somehow fast asleep when I checked on you," Vrasje said, making Marquise jump slightly as he whipped his head up to look at the vampire. 

Said vampire was actually pushing himself up to sit beside him, but instead of giving him a head pat or something similar as a good morning, he reached over and tugged on Marquise's shirt. 

The movement drew his attention, making him look down until he saw what the man was trying to show him. 

My shirt is torn...

Not just his shirt, but his pants were also split!

Marquise quickly turned to face away and tug his coat around himself, glad that he'd at least fallen asleep fully clothed and his undergarments hadn't been shredded. 

"Could it have been Garlic?" he questioned, even though he didn't think that the pup was capable of the specific kind of damage. 

The claw marks on Vrasje's chest were also much too large for Garlic to have done. 

"My baby? He would never do such a thing to me, even by mistake," Vrasje said, making Marquise send him a narrowed glare. 

Your baby, huh? 

"Yes, my baby. In fact, I want some love," Vrasje said before reaching forward and gently settling a hand against Marquise's cheek, making his eye widen in surprise. 

"You were well behaved yesterday, little one. Come on out so that I can give you some attention," he said sweetly, making Marquise's eye twitch. 

When Garlic still didn't respond, Marquise brushed off the man's hand with his own. 

"He's still asleep. Besides, shouldn't you be worried about what happened to us instead of trying to play with my wolf?" Marquise asked as he tugged his coat tighter around himself. 

Vrasje just smiled in response before reaching over and wrapping his arms around Marquise's middle, then tugging him all the way backwards until he was settled in his lap!

"What the hell has gotten into you, you stubborn vampire?!" Marquise growled.

The other man still didn't seem to heed his words as he reached up with one hand while leaving the other firmly wrapped around his waist. When his cold fingers grasped his jaw and turned his head a little more toward him, Marquise gave him one hell of a glare!

Vrasje ignored the clear warning and tilted his head as if he saw something worth being curious about. 

Still confused, and now a tiny bit nervous, Marquise looked to either side, then back to Vrasje. 

"Lord Vrasje?"

The man's thumb gently brushed just beneath his eye, and for a split second, he thought he might do something else, but then his hands suddenly moved up to his messy hair and mussed it up so much worse than it already was!